AVIC411.com

How do the avic f series....

Read information from your ipod through usb? Reason for this question is currently i have a 30gig ipod and about a year ago there was a pin on my ipod that broke off and i couldn't use the pioneer CD-IB100II anymore with my pioneer deck. But i can still connect my ipod via laptop and charge and sync songs to it and still use the media storage option. I was wondering if the avic f series read information from your ipod in the same manner as if it were connected to a computer or still read like all other 3rd party peripherals? I wanting to say just by looks of things it may just read info as if it were connected to a pc seeing how the avic software is of build (windows ce). if anyone has any info please share, if not then i will report back to you guys once i put my 700bt in this weekend and let you know if it still works or not

All communication that allows song data, etc to be displayed on the AVIC and controlled through it are done using the Apple Accessory Protocol, which uses pins 12 and 13 (somewhere in the middle, just left of center if the cable is facing up as if you were plugging it in to your ipod). This is actually just a serial (rs-232) line, which explains why it's so slow, but it doesn't use USB or anything. Those are the only two pins that can do this sort of communication, so if they're damaged there's nothing you can do. Unfortunately Pioneer doesn't offer the cable through their parts store.

i'm wanting to say the the pin that is broke is pin 30 on my ipod. i've been looking at layouts on the web and i see that on the dock if you have the dock plugged in and you are looking at your ipod then pin 1 starts from the right and goes left. so i'm thinking the CD-IB100II needs pin 30 for a ground cause every diagram i see has pin 29,30 as a firewire ground.

ok giving you guys an update on my 700bt with my ipod with the broken pin. Well just got my 700bt installed today and came home plugged my ipod in and voila the deck not only reads info from my ipod but it also holds a charge. As i stated before on my previous pioneer deck i was using the CD-IB100II which as we all know uses the ip-bus port on the pioneer decks and when the pin broke on my ipod i could no longer use it. So i'm here to tell everyone if you so happen to break pin 30 on your ipod not the ipod dock then yes you will still be able to use the ipod interface cable that works through USB.

I had a F90BT installed today. After driving for a while I noticed a hiss from the driver's front speaker. The problem is the connection between my iphone and the cable. It doesn't appear that any pins are broken. I can hold it in a certain position and it works. The USB interface brings up the ipod features but no sound.

I had a F90BT installed today. After driving for a while I noticed a hiss from the driver's front speaker. The problem is the connection between my iphone and the cable. It doesn't appear that any pins are broken. I can hold it in a certain position and it works. The USB interface brings up the ipod features but no sound.

Did you switch the AV input on your 90 to iPod ?

also make sure you have the CD-IU230V pioneer cord. I don't have any sound coming out either but i figured it was due to me not having this cord. This cord turns the audio and video out pins coming from your ipod or iphone into usable rca connections going into the back of the deck, but if you have that cord then make sure you have AV1 set to ipod. You know what makes me mad about this whole ordeal I had a hunch that my ipod would still probably work even with pin 30 gone. My reasoning came from the fact that the CD-IB100II I had originally was made to utilize the ip-bus input on pioneer radios from 99 and up. If you think about it the ipods that are compatible with the avic f series are ones that were released in 2005 and newer with the exception of the shuffle. So you may ask what does that mean? Well pioneer and apple had to find a way for an older technology to play nicely with newer technology. With that said the CD-IB100II had to be wired and programmed different so that pioneer head units could have some type of control through the head unit itself and not through the ipod. Once i began looking at getting an in dash nav unit and i saw that with the f series you could plug your ipod into the via USB I figured my ipod has to work because the ipod was primarily built to do all it's main functions through USB. After countless searches and even going to local stereo shops all told me the same thing that if it doesn't work with the CD-IB100II then it won't work at all. So i go and look on ebay and spend $120 to purchase used but in like new condition ipod. Just to find out that my ipod still bleeping works and even charges i knew all along that if i can still charge and sync my ipod with my laptop that it has to work with the radio