AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 music while navigating?

A friend of mine has the avic D3 unit... same as mine... and while the navi is navigating it just softens the music and talks BUT u can still hear the music in the background. I cant seem to find this option? does anyone know where to change it? Whenever MINE navigates it totally turns the music ALL the way mute and talks... vs softens and talks?

Pic of my car for clicks... help please

Wallpaper.jpg

• 3 months later...

OK, you need to go the A/V menu but without playing any device or radio, then you see in the upper screen a button that says INITIAL, push the button and it will give you 3 options, REAR SPEAKER, VOICE GUIDANCE and I don't recall the last one but it doesn't matter, you need the middle one, in reference to the Navigation Voice Guidance, when you click this button it will give you 3 different options each time you press it, MUTE, ATT, NORMAL, if you choose NORMAL, you will hear the music normally thru the speakers and the Voice guidance will play but won't interrupt the music at all, if you pick ATT the voice guidance will partially interrup the music (it will lower the volume level of the music) and if you pick MUTE it will interrupt any sound and you will hear the Voice Guidance only. I hope this help you. :D