AVIC411.com

Post your max elevation display

Oh, and to confirm I did change the line in the data.zip

We use the metric system here and with the old line on the DATA.zip it always showed up 2.6 Km which sucked, now its more detailed and shows 2Km 576m or whatever the elevation is..... you know what I mean so I guess that's what happened with miles/feet. I'll go down to the country side at about 700 meters in the next few weeks and i'll be glad to see at exactly what elevation will miles turn up (or dissapear), i'm guessing at 1 mile but to be sure I'll check and let you guys know. Sorry not to have reported on this before but I "learned" coding last week and stumbeled into this same problem so with al little more reading I was able to "fix" it. thanks to all of you guys that are making possible this wonderfull mods by showing and teaching usthe ignorant on this subjects how to do all this stuff. I could not have done all the wonderfull things I've made to my unit without the help of the people on this forum.

Are both of your elevations displayed on your navi unit in feet or miles?

Maybe I should of explained what I was getting to with this thread. Pioneer enabled altitude as an option to show, but after a certain height the units would display in miles. It's since been discovered that by changing one line that the unit would display in feet all the time. Some members have enabled this but never reported back whether it worked or not. Since I'm in an area that never displayed in miles I could report accurate results.

It has to absolutely beautiful in the area you two posted. I'll need to get around the country and see what I've missed all these years. Thanks for the input.

Ok to answer your question I used your mod and it works great until you reach 5280 ft then it switches to 1 mile + XXXX feet depending on your elevation. I reached 1 mi 2912 ft which if you convert is to feet = 8192 ft.

So yes it will read of only ft until your reach 5280ft then it will read whatever mile your are at plus your current feet.

I took this picture on top of a mountain in Tucson AZ tonight. I decided to take a drive up there after work.

securedownload.jpg

I don't see this as being an issue I believe it is just the way the computer processes the numerical value for elevation by converting the number to the highest or smallest possible value. Depending on how you look at it.

Like I said the mod does whats it's supposed to do which is display feet.

N-S-E-W thank you for your help

Gadget - thanks for the thorough explanation. Now we know that up to a mile the elevation is displayed in feet, after that it's a combination of feet and miles with the miles listed as a whole number. Being in a low elevation area that is something I would not have known or been able to answer.

I'll be in Az for the first week of spring training games. How's the weather been?

• 1 month later...