AVIC411.com

Post your max elevation display

Are both of your elevations displayed on your navi unit in feet or miles?

Maybe I should of explained what I was getting to with this thread. Pioneer enabled altitude as an option to show, but after a certain height the units would display in miles. It's since been discovered that by changing one line that the unit would display in feet all the time. Some members have enabled this but never reported back whether it worked or not. Since I'm in an area that never displayed in miles I could report accurate results.

It has to absolutely beautiful in the area you two posted. I'll need to get around the country and see what I've missed all these years. Thanks for the input.

I live in Montana, Beartooth Pass 10,974 ft.

I crossed that pass on July 4th several years ago. It snowed 6 inches on top that day. July 4th mind you...

That's not unusual for that to happen, I've seen it snow every month of the summer there. I believe my reading was in feet, unless I was thinking about my old D3. I can't go back up and check for a while, the pass is closed for the winter, and won't open back up until Memorial day.

Well I guess no one shows their elevation or uses Mav's data.zip.

A simple question and you guys can't even respond. How in the hell are we going to further improve these units if we don't confirmations whether the mods work or not?

Thanks for nothing. If I make it to the mountains, I'll check it myself.

Well I guess no one shows their elevation or uses Mav's data.zip.

A simple question and you guys can't even respond. How in the hell are we going to further improve these units if we don't confirmations whether the mods work or not?

Thanks for nothing. If I make it to the mountains, I'll check it myself.

Ok guys, I'm using mav's mods

I live in Bogota, Colombia, South America. 2600 meters above sea level.

As displayed on the unit:

Kilometers/meters: 2 km 597 m

Miles/feet: 1 mi 3141 ft (thats about 8500 ft!!!)

Hope that helps in some way (cause it doesn't for my engine)