AVIC411.com

Screen black, Polish language appeared, Samantha AWOL

Had a failure where the screen went black. I reset and the unit came back on with what appeared to be polish. I went into setup and put the unit into English but got no option to select what voice I wanted for navigation. Now the voice is set for English Jason and I can not figure out how to get back into Samantha (TTS). I have tried reset 1, 2 and 3 an enumerated in the manual. No joy. Does anyone know how to get back to a factory reset where when you power on it's the same as a first time startup. It seems that when you first power up you can select the voice Language. When I go into settings, system settings, language, and there I have an option to select either the program language or the voice language. On my unit the program Language indicates English (US), the Voice Language indicates English (US)(Jason). When I click on the Voice Language English (US) (Jason), the item highlights blue and the system hangs up. I have tried all resets and still the exact same problem.

I'm not a techie just a 65 year old user who is getting frustrated. Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here!

Had a failure where the screen went black. I reset and the unit came back on with what appeared to be polish. I went into setup and put the unit into English but got no option to select what voice I wanted for navigation. Now the voice is set for English Jason and I can not figure out how to get back into Samantha (TTS). I have tried reset 1, 2 and 3 an enumerated in the manual. No joy. Does anyone know how to get back to a factory reset where when you power on it's the same as a first time startup. It seems that when you first power up you can select the voice Language. When I go into settings, system settings, language, and there I have an option to select either the program language or the voice language. On my unit the program Language indicates English (US), the Voice Language indicates English (US)(Jason). When I click on the Voice Language English (US) (Jason), the item highlights blue and the system hangs up. I have tried all resets and still the exact same problem.

I'm not a techie just a 65 year old user who is getting frustrated. Thanks for any help.

My F900 unit has just done a similar thing. Had it a couple of months. Been working fine. Updated with European Firmware 2.01 (I think thats the version) a couple of weeks ago. Unit working perfectly until tonight. Illumination Colour and screen brightness changed. Noticed other settings were different. Language and Voice were blank. Reset everything. Reset LAnguage to English UK and voice was auto set to default english. When I click on it to change it, the unit locks up. Tried all three resets. Could a voice file (or an index of voice files) be corrupted? Not modded unit at all. Software is standard Pioneer. Any help would be appreciated

Tried this morning to re run latest firmware update (2.0100). Hoped this would reset the unit and update files. It said I couldn't run it as the version on my unit was already up to date. It obviously checks version numbers before running. Does anyone know a was to mod the firmware update to get it to run? Maybe change something in the update to change the version to 2.0101 so the unit thinks it's an update. I'm not particually technical, so any help would be appreciated.

My unit has nothing to do with Poland. Bought in UK. Used in UK. Never been outside UK. Whilst the unit is still usable, having paid a large sum of money for a top of the range unit, I'm just frustrated that it doesn't work properly. I drive approx 1,200 miles a week, so I am reliant on all the functions of this device and want them to work properly. If I can find a way to "roll back" the machine to the last firmware update, I'm hoping it will work properly.