AVIC411.com

sub outputs not working f900bt

driving at low volume today and subs just cut out completely. i diagnosed that it is the sub output rca from HU at amp. the only thing i can think it could be aside from a bad unit, is the rcas somehow coming loose at head unit and since im having the hd, satellite, and steering controls added next weekend, i dont want to take the dash off to get to the rca's behind unit. can someone tell me if this has happened to them? I also did a unit reset and made sure the sub setting was on "on". thanks

also, it seems like the unit killed my ipod nano i unplugged it and it reads "pioneer" on it and not functional. I starting to hate this unit. Help! Thanks John

also, it seems like the unit killed my ipod nano i unplugged it and it reads "pioneer" on it and not functional. I starting to hate this unit. Help! Thanks John

I got nuffin on the subs issue, but ipods are known to freeze at times when connected, resetting them, and they usually work fine for a long time after.

Diane

Sub volume is not at -6 or anything is it? If its set to on, gain setup to +6 and the EQ is set to something like powerful AND your RCA cables are good you have eliminated everything that it can be other than a failing AVIC or amplifier.

Try using one of the other RCA cables or even connecting the sub RCA cables to the other speakers on a low volume to see if you get anything.

Sub volume is not at -6 or anything is it? If its set to on, gain setup to +6 and the EQ is set to something like powerful AND your RCA cables are good you have eliminated everything that it can be other than a failing AVIC or amplifier.

Try using one of the other RCA cables or even connecting the sub RCA cables to the other speakers on a low volume to see if you get anything.

yea ive done all that. i have not pulled the unit like orig post says. so it can only be the unit, loose plug at unit or bad rca cable all of which are extremely unlikely however being a bad unit wouldnt surprise me. its pretty disappointingly slow. John

• 3 weeks later...