AVIC411.com

Installed my Z2 with a Zune

Finally installed my Z2 I got for Christmas! Looks great - can't believe I waited this long to get one of these...

Anyway, I've been reading a lot of posts on here before I did the installation and I've seen a couple of threads about installing Zunes but none of them (that I saw) mentioned the Soundgate products:

http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?requ ... eferrer=1&

and if you want a wired remote:

http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?requ ... eferrer=1&

I think these are much easier than using the dock idea but of course this is more expensive.... I just thought I throw another idea out there for those who are looking to hook up their Zune to their Avics...

yeah i took out the dock and bought one. I like it. the only problem i have with the wired remote is the center button only pauses and plays. It take s a while to get use to not using the center button as "selecting" or "enter".

Yeah, me too.... I actually thought mine was broken when I first tried to use it. That was a mistake on their part I think - it's way more obvious to have the center button function the same as it does on the Zune itself...

• 1 month later...

Just added a 120 gig zune to my z2. works great. Everything on the zune screen shows up on the z2 screen. I have to use the wired remote to control the screen but that is no big deal. Its actually easier to reach than the z2 screen. One question though, and HD might have an answer since he has a zune with his z2. On the zune, under display options, it must be set to TV/out and not TV/off for any thing to show up on the z2 screen. This is easy enough to do, but everytime I turn off the car or turn off the zune, when I start the car, the display option has gone back to TV/off. That must be the default setting when the zune is turned on. This means I have to get the zune out of the glove box and scroll to display options and change it back to TV/out. Everytime I start the car! This is annoying. Is there anyway to SAVE the display option as TV/out so I dont have to keep going back in to change it everytime I start the car? Anyone?

Yeah mine does the same thing and I agree - it's annoying! I looked but haven't been able to find a workaround.

My guess is that it defaults to the TV/off so if you were to unplug it and then didn't have a TV around it would be hard to set it back to the built in screen without being able to see what you're doing...

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys im new to avic411 but im having a small problem, I recently hooked up my pioneer 4000 to a 2007 scion tc and installed a 80 gig zune to the rear av inputs and now everytime I listen to the radio or try to watch a dvd my screen goes to "caution images on screen might appear reversed" or something like that, I was really hoping the av inputs would work because I have most of my videos on my zune. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated thanks. :D

I don't know much about the Pioneer 4000, but you have the Zune connected to the backup camera input...

Checking the installation manual on pioneer's website it looks like you need to move the video (yellow) RCA connector for the Zune. Move it to the video port ABOVE the audio (Red and White), and beside it (Camera).

Not sure how the Pioneer 4000 works, but it sounds to me like you have the video from your Zune hooked to the rear camera input on your Head unit. When I put my car into reverse and the rear camera view pops up it gives me the "image may appear reversed" message. Try plugging your video into another input like Aux 1 or Input 1?

EDIT - yeah, what Garrett said :D