AVIC411.com

is there a problem with my 900bt wireing harness? (pic inclu

I purchased a 900bt from futureshop for a good price because it was open box but then I got it home and noticed that someone tried to install it and the wiring harness is cut. well im not sure but I think something is missing like a fuse (in the book it shows a fuse on two of the wires as well) Does anyone have a pic of the wiring harness (its not the one with the rcas I think those are ok its the main one)

Heres a pic of what mine look like

DSC01093.jpg

DSC01094.jpg

does anything look different?

thanks in advanced guys

I installed my unit at the weekend and the power cord (left handside of photo) has definately been cut.

The power cord i used had another multi-block at the other end of the lead, and i would say that the lead i used was twice as long as the one you have.

Have a look at the installation manual and you'll see what i mean about the other multi-block at the opposite end.

The RCA leads on the right of the photo look ok.

Can you not take it back to the shop and get them to order you a replacement lead.

I installed my unit at the weekend and the power cord (left handside of photo) has definately been cut.

The power cord i used had another multi-block at the other end of the lead, and i would say that the lead i used was twice as long as the one you have.

Have a look at the installation manual and you'll see what i mean about the other multi-block at the opposite end.

The RCA leads on the right of the photo look ok.

Can you not take it back to the shop and get them to order you a replacement lead.

The other "multi-block" you had on the other end your harness was an ISO connector. Those are standard in Europe but not in the US. We have bare wires on the end of our harness.

I am looking at my harnesses right now, as I haven't installed my F90BT yet, and other than the fact that your wires are a little shorter, it looks just like mine. Mine has no fuses on it anywhere.