AVIC411.com

Full cockpit mode doesnt wanna stay enable

The cockpit returning after shutdown is not a glitch, the unit was designed that way. There are hacks on this forum to mess with it, but that's at your own risk.

IMHO it's just Pioneer forgetting to add "permanent" to definition of the variable that controls full cockpit visibility...

The cockpit returning after shutdown is not a glitch, the unit was designed that way. There are hacks on this forum to mess with it, but that's at your own risk.

IMHO it's just Pioneer forgetting to add "permanent" to definition of the variable that controls full cockpit visibility...

I agree but by 'not a glitch' I meant it's not his unit being defective, everyone has that problem. How easy is the fix for that, Boris? I haven't been keeping up with hacks as I've been saving up for the 90, so modding the 700 would be redundant.

I agree but by 'not a glitch' I meant it's not his unit being defective, everyone has that problem. How easy is the fix for that, Boris? I haven't been keeping up with hacks as I've been saving up for the 90, so modding the 700 would be redundant.

You could try out the mod on the 700, since it would be the same for 90 as well. I think it should be as easy as changing

to

in variable_def.ui

If that doesn't work, it'll be creating a save variable which is permament, and asigning its value to vFullScreenCockpit in an init script.

I read bitman's old post from september about his hack to have "Full Screen cockpit" to default to on but im not really clear on this. Does anyone have any info or a hack on how to edit the script to enable full screen cockpit to default to "on" in order to get rid of the "Multi Info" box in the lower left corner?