AVIC411.com

Location Arrow !! HELP

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name="kromHASaWRX"]no.. have not.. i have a 06 WRX and am having a hard time finding the correct wire. :([/quote]

Hey man, I just installed the D2 on my STi and all you have to do is remove the two top screws holding the black plastic surround around your gauge cluster, remove the black plastic surround, then remove the three screws holding the gauge cluster on, pull the gauge cluster forward, unhook the very far right wiring harness (there are three and you want the far right one closest to the center console) and tap the dark green with black stripe wire. It was very easy for me to do and when you have your console apart it is very easy to route the wire directly to the Pioneer's wiring harness.
I think i fixed it, I called pioneer and they actually told me about reseting the learning status and i did that and it worked. I think it was because the previous owner of the D2 had the VSS wire hooked up and it learned how he drove but im just glad to fix it, its probly not as accurate as with the VSS hooked up but i dont know where it is in my car (pontiac g6) so i dont want to bother with it.
[quote name="asianman35"]I think i fixed it, I called pioneer and they actually told me about reseting the learning status and i did that and it worked. I think it was because the previous owner of the D2 had the VSS wire hooked up and it learned how he drove but im just glad to fix it, its probly not as accurate as with the VSS hooked up but i dont know where it is in my car (pontiac g6) so i dont want to bother with it.[/quote]

Thats funny....I wonder if the previous owners antenna was turned in a different orientation then your was.....

PS...I thought it was a new unit..... I thought of that the other night but thought it was new so I didn't mention it..... lol