AVIC411.com

F700 IPOD video trouble...

I just installed this with the Pioneer/IPOD video cable. The hacks have been done and are proper. Trouble is some movies play while others will not. All the movies work fine just watching on the IPOD by itself. When I connect to the radio it seems the most recent movies I uploaded won't play. These are from the digital copies you get when you buy a blu-ray disc. They work on I-TUNES and transferred ok. The movies that do play were DVD's copied into I-TUNES by a program. If all the movies are mp4

then how come only some play. Any info is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.

im not sure what the problem is - but i do wanna mention this - for long video files (especially with movies) - sometimes it can take a while for the movie to start playing

also - sometimes mine starts on "pause" - i have to tap the screen - click on the play button - and then wait a little bit for the video to begin

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same issue. 30gb 5th gen. and f900

All movies play on ipod and in itunes but when i connect to avic i get a black screen and then the bottom says "no title". Or i'll get a black screen with a 'pause' symbol.

I just thought of something though, when i play movies back on ipod they start where they left off at. Maybe avic cant do that, hence the pause symbol or black screen. One time i waited awhile then pressed screen to get the wheel and audio popped on followed by video.

So i'm now thinking if you start video on ipod it will cause issues on avic, but how do we restart or end videos on ipod?

I thought my ipod was just old.

well I have a sort of fix. pressing left tends to make the video play because it rewinds. so avic does have a problem with ipod having multiple videos paused instead of stopped.

occasionally pressing left will start video where it left off but more often it just started at beginning. I cnfirmed this with about 10 files.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a F700 and a 5th gen. I am having the same issue. If it is a small video, like a music video, it will start right up and the overlay info will disappear. If it is a movie, it will start as a black screen with the clock in the upper left hand corner and a bar across the bottom saying something like no title no track. To start the movie, I usually have to push play/pause until the arrow shows up. The overlay info doesn't ever go away. Anyone find a solution to this?

Some more poking around and I have found a couple more issues. I can put one movie on the ipod and it plays fine. AfterI add another movie to the ipod, the first one acts like described above - overlays don't go away, hard to start, no title even though it previous did. If I take off the movie I added, the first movie works correctly again. I haven't tried removing the "remember position", but hopefully that will fix it. Not that I want a whole library of movies on my ipod, but being limited to one that works correctly is BS. I am using a 5th gen and F700BT.

On another note - anyone know who to add chapter breaks to a file if you didn't put them in when you converted it? Since we can't mark the point we left, it sucks to have to FF to the previous point. Using chapter jumps is much better. One program I use, cucusoft, is quick and ok quality, but it doesn't add any breaks.

I updated the files and removed the option to remember position and it made no difference. Only one file will play correctly if multiple files are on the ipod.

Edit - seems to be working now. Not sure why, but after removing the remember position setting, it gave me problems the first time, now I have 3 movies on the ipod and they all work.

so u did or did not try pressing rewind?

all files may show up with the blank screen but pressing rewind normally plays the movies. I can't suggest anything else cause it works for me and ur having the same problems I have.

I also use isquint to convert to ipod movies but it doesn't do chapters though.