AVIC411.com

call phone number.. what gives ?

I'm new to the AVIC-Z1. I just finished installing one in my 06 Civic Hybrid. I have iPod and bluetooth adaptor as well.

Can some please help me understand why (hands free) I can't dial by phone number ? I've tried from AV and map source.. I press voice activation button, then say call, then call phone number... and every time the AVIC returns help menu and make me and it keep repeating ?

I want to be ale to say home or jims cell and just dial. Is this not possible. I tested park and while driving. My unit is mfg'd in Aug and I have the two wires grounded.

My phone is a moto v551, w/ Cingular.
[quote name="wrxsti03"]I'm new to the AVIC-Z1. I just finished installing one in my 06 Civic Hybrid. I have iPod and bluetooth adaptor as well.

Can some please help me understand why (hands free) I can't dial by phone number ? I've tried from AV and map source.. I press voice activation button, then say call, then call phone number... and every time the AVIC returns help menu and make me and it keep repeating ?

I want to be ale to say home or jims cell and just dial. Is this not possible. I tested park and while driving. My unit is mfg'd in Aug and I have the two wires grounded.

My phone is a moto v551, w/ Cingular.[/quote]

I'll do some research for you and get back to you. On Sun!!

K.
Well it was bear to get it installed with limited space behind the unit so I'm really looking to pull it out unless its absolutely nessacary.

I can send and recieve full duplex calls via bluetooth from the unit and my other voice cmds appear to be functioning.

I'm really disappointed this feature is not functioning for me. I'm thinking on hooking it up w/o the hack and see if it performs in the same mannor.
[quote name="wrxsti03"]Well it was bear to get it installed with limited space behind the unit so I'm really looking to pull it out unless its absolutely nessacary.

I can send and recieve full duplex calls via bluetooth from the unit and my other voice cmds appear to be functioning.

I'm really disappointed this feature is not functioning for me. I'm thinking on hooking it up w/o the hack and see if it performs in the same mannor.[/quote]

I just thought of a problem i had with my install. The BT needs to go into the Z1 1st THEN the IPOD adapter. I tried to go from BT>Sirius Adapt>HU.
I saw the BT working (Dialing) but no sound aft looking dumb for 15 min I thought about what I read in the Install Man and it shows you IE XM/Traf then CD Changers. Since the XM/Traf/TV Tune is like a 2nd brain and Sirius/Ipod adapters are "ADD ONS" they get hooked up last. Try that and see what happens. If you have it that way I'm stumped like Scwabb.

K
[quote name="wrxsti03"]I don't recall the BT daisy chaining. On my Z1, BT has its own plugin on the back, seporate from the IP-bus connector.

However I will double check.[/quote]

It is not a daisy chain. I have a July unit and it hooks in directly to its own spot. No other wires needed either. I am not sure what djoker04 is referring to.
Shot in the dark......

Are we sure we are all talking about the ND-BT1?

I've read another post where a person on this site had a problem with his bluetooth and it was becuase he was sold the CD-BTB100, which is not designed for the Z1.

Like others have said, you shouldn't have to daisy chain the ND-BT1.
[quote name="howarmat"] [quote name="wrxsti03"]I don't recall the BT daisy chaining. On my Z1, BT has its own plugin on the back, seporate from the IP-bus connector.

However I will double check.[/quote]

It is not a daisy chain. I have a July unit and it hooks in directly to its own spot. No other wires needed either. I am not sure what djoker04 is referring to.[/quote]

My Bad that's ony on the D1/D2. Sorry

K :?