AVIC411.com

adding a dvd player using the z1/z3

i have room in my gmc yukon to add the following dvd player

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 8014503253

can this be run through the z1/z3 unit? since i cant play dvd's through my z1, i was thinking of getting a unit that i can have installed to play dvd's with the bypass active on the z, would i still be able to play dvd's while the car is in motion and watch it on my z screen?

well - believe it or not ... the stupid unit will not play any type of dvd.

i stick a dvd in the player - it says "checking disc" and then says "unreadable disc" ... havent the faintest idea why - i even sent the unit back to CC where i bought and they couldnt fix it. so its not worth the hassle anymore just for that.

i sent the unit to circuit city for repair since i took a 3yr warranty.

they told me it couldnt be fixed. that was 2 weeks ago. it finally arrived back at their store yesterday. at this point, its not worth me sending it out again to pioneer for $200.

my only exchange option would be to get the F900 which i dont want. CC does not carry the z series anymore, therefore i cant get a replacement unit.

when i went to pick it up, the mgr told me that they couldnt replace it with a z3 cuz they dont carry it and cant get any new product.

they told me the only other option i could do is contact the warranty company and see what they can do. i have contacted them, faxed them a summary of the problem and the history of dates of when the unit was taken out of my truck, serviced, etc. and hopefully will get a response . This was on Friday ... so we'll see what happens today or tomorrow.

man - what a nightmare this has turned out to be.