AVIC411.com

Need help connecting CD-SB10 to stock Ram Satelite Antenna

Before you say search, i did see the other posts kind of like this one. Didnt see an answer so here it is again.

I bought an AVIC-D3. I had Sirius with the stock head unit. I found the stock reciever and followed the cord to the exterior antenna to be sure. The antenna connection looks kind of like a small cable tv cable (single pin). I also bought the SC-C1 unit to hook up the Sirius to the D3. The antenna input on the unit is an 8 pin connection though. So my question is, do I need the CD-SB10 to connect my stock antenna up to the SC-C1 box? I attached pictures to show what i mean. It looks like the CD-SB10 is kind of a cable converter from the 8 pin to the single cable tv like cable.

The first picture shows the 8 pin antenna input connection for the SC-C1.

The second picture shows My stock tuner and the cable coming from the antenna.

The third picture shows the CD-SB10 unit. The red cirlce shows the antenna that comes with the kit which has a similar looking connection to my stock antenna cable and the green circle arrows show the 8 pin connector that is on the SC-C1.

Sirius1.jpg

Sirius2.jpg

Sirius3.jpg

The 8 pin connector is not the antenna input on the scc1. The 8 pin is used to go to a converter sold seperatly depending on what kind of deck you have.

The antenna that plugs into the scc1 is next to the 8 pin connector, just to the right of your green circle.

Just remove that yellow part of your stock connector, and it will plug right in.

The 8 pin connector is not the antenna input on the scc1. The 8 pin is used to go to a converter sold seperatly depending on what kind of deck you have.

The antenna that plugs into the scc1 is next to the 8 pin connector, just to the right of your green circle.

Just remove that yellow part of your stock connector, and it will plug right in.

I dont have the SC-C1. I bought the CD-SB10. Should i have bought the SC-C1 instead? Do i need both?

I guess what i need to know is, i have the AVIC-D3, a dodge ram 1500 that had satellite radio stock, so what do i need to buy to make it work wiht the D3? thanks.

And while we are on the subject of my truck, does anyone have a diagram of the ecu wiring, so i can see which pin is the 38 pin for the VSS wire. all i found was its either the YELLOW/BLACK,GREEN/BROWN,GREENVIOLET wire but im not sure which is pin 38. thanks!

You need the SCC1 and CDSB10

thats what i thought. New question though. Will the SIR-PNR2 work instead of using the other 2 units?

EDIT: looks like you already answered my question in another thread:

"The 700SIRPION is Crutchfield's package of the CDSB10 and SCC1. Those two parts combined function exactly the same as the SIRPNR2, but also give you the option to buy another part and use a portable sirius device instead of the SCC1"