AVIC411.com

F90BT VSS wire - what's the point?

Just curious, but what does the VSS wire do for our units, besides supposedly helping the GPS accuracy? The speed display on the map is entirely contingent on the GPS signal, as it shows 0 mph whenever I haven't acquired a signal... It possibly affects the variable volume of the voice, but I kinda doubt it, for the same reason as above...

Just curious, but what does the VSS wire do for our units, besides supposedly helping the GPS accuracy? The speed display on the map is entirely contingent on the GPS signal, as it shows 0 mph whenever I haven't acquired a signal... It possibly affects the variable volume of the voice, but I kinda doubt it, for the same reason as above...

Navigation in tunnels and alike, as the manual explains...

Yea, I know what the manual says... Hence the 'besides helping GPS accuracy' that you quoted... Just curious if there's any other point to it, for future reference...

No other point really... OTOH it does not take that much effort to hook it up when installing, so might as well do it...

Yea it probably took me 15-20 minutes since I had to get behind my gauge pod... Which is probably much easier than in other cars... Meh... If I have to do it again I think I'll just skip that step... It would really tick me off if I were to scratch the pod or (god forbid) break something...