AVIC411.com

Removing warning screen before entering into map view.

Haha, that sounds a bit like a cop-out to me, Catch :lol:

Anyways, I happen to enjoy searching, I've learned a lot in the past few weeks, and I'm learning more every day. This Avic has turned out to be much more to me than what Pioneer could ever have imagined! And I know I'm not the only one.

Happy days :wink:

Not a cop-out at all. I do tell people to search, but only if the answer is a hot topic or has been discussed millions of times. The warning screen hack died down and there's not much info on it, so a search may not pull anything up.

Also gos forbid the person expects to be spoonfed then has a temper tantrum when they don't get the answer they want (search the member Dekstar) then you have a whiny brat complaining how "a forum is meant to help people" and simply answering their question can avoid that. But that's just my POV on it.

HAHA chill Catch, your ref to Deskstar is exactly why I made my first comment in this thread - I read that thread late last night/early this morning, and I thought it was funny as fuck. Serious case of PMT sprang to mind!

Keep up the good work, and nice to meet you :D

Hi Guys,

I should have searched but since finding this forum a month ago I've not come across such a thread and I've gone through 100's of posts, although not specifically searching for an answer to my last post.

CatchMeIfYouCan631, I appreciate you not shooting me down, thanks for your answer, lets hope a hack is found soon, it drives me mad.

I've been running forums and been active member in a lot of of them for a long time and I can honestly say that I've been sort of guilty of asking questions that there is an answer for it already out there.

That being said, sometimes (at least in my case) I did not know what to search for exactly. I sort of knew what the problem was but didn't know the system that well to form a short search string.

But yea, there is a lot of question that are asked without even looking at the first page of that forum where someone else asked the same exact thing that same day. That's unfortunately universal behavior across the internets.

HAHA chill Catch, your ref to Deskstar is exactly why I made my first comment in this thread - I read that thread late last night/early this morning, and I thought it was funny as fuck. Serious case of PMT sprang to mind!

Keep up the good work, and nice to meet you :D

Hahaha, I didn't know you read that. Yeah, she sucked. A lot. Well at least you know where I'm coming from, and nice to meet you too.

I've been running forums and been active member in a lot of of them for a long time and I can honestly say that I've been sort of guilty of asking questions that there is an answer for it already out there.

That being said, sometimes (at least in my case) I did not know what to search for exactly. I sort of knew what the problem was but didn't know the system that well to form a short search string.

But yea, there is a lot of question that are asked without even looking at the first page of that forum where someone else asked the same exact thing that same day. That's unfortunately universal behavior across the internets.

Everyone's guilty of it sooner or later, but some are more justafiable than others. ie, OP asked a topic that was vaguely discussed, not something like why are my options grayed out, or why am I going sideways in 2D mode.

Forums should linked to Paypal and the MOD has the ability to fine members $0.25 for posting in the wrong forum, $0.50 for asking questions that have been answered and are still on the 1st page of posts, and $1.00 for asking a question answered in the faq.

You sir, are a brilliant man.

Also gos forbid the person expects to be spoonfed then has a temper tantrum when they don't get the answer they want (search the member Dekstar) then you have a whiny brat complaining how "a forum is meant to help people" and simply answering their question can avoid that. But that's just my POV on it.

yup.. gave us brats a bad name! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...