AVIC411.com

No sound on newly installed AVIC-Z3. Everything else works.

I finished the install of my AVIC-Z3 today. I used wire harness adapters and I am sure all the wires are correct. I also did the modification so that the nav/dvd viewing works while driving. Everything works very well except there is no audio what-so-ever. I am perplexed as to what I can do to get the audio to work. I installed the deck in my 1997 Infiniti qx4. Is there some sort of a stock amp that is causing the audio not to work? I hooked up the power antenna wire to my power antenna and that works well. Right now Im not even getting a hissing noise out of the speakers. Absolutely nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. The only wires that I don't have hooked up right now are the dimmer wires and the remote wires.

thanks for the tip but no, I took the mute wire out of the pin hole and placed it in the one that the instructions describe. I have a feeling that my oem amp is not coming on. I have the blue/white wire going to my aftermarket amp for my subs. Does the AVIC have a wire that powers aftermarket amps? I haven't really dealt with it as I have been driving my other car but it'd be nice to get this thing going.