AVIC411.com

2.0 update with custom datazip ?

I have searched this forum, but I did not see this addressed before, so...

I am going to update my FT700BT to FW vers 2.0, and I want to use Vorians custom datazip. Is there any reason I cannot just replace the datazip in the 2.0 update with the custom one, and then just update normally? :?:

I have searched this forum, but I did not see this addressed before, so...

I am going to update my FT700BT to FW vers 2.0, and I want to use Vorians custom datazip. Is there any reason I cannot just replace the datazip in the 2.0 update with the custom one, and then just update normally? :?:

Mustnt've searched too well... Update proc checks file checksums and will not run if any of the files has been changed. You need to run the update first, then upload a hacked DATA.ZIP.

You're welcome.

Pioneer obviously would not want to be responsible for people flashing god knows what on their units and bricking them completely, so there is an integrity check that makes sure only what was released by the factory is what goes on the unit.

After the process is complete, though, you can put anything you want on with test mode...