AVIC411.com

This is a call to the whole community. I'm a graphic designer and really wanted to make an apple theme for my f700. I'm slowly changing images in the image.res folder. Instead of doing it all myself I thought it would be great if everyone pitched in and shared their work. I'll upload all I have so far, the most notable change is the ipod wheel. I'll be glad to share my PSD's to anyone who is interested.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a designer too, I saw your ipod wheel, will put it into my image.res to see how it looks. So far looking pretty good, like what you did with the contact icons. I'm not a huge fan of the "apple" theme although it looks good, and looking at your settings icons gave me the idea of putting the "floor" fading reflection on all of the icons, you should try that specialy on the main menu ones.... will look very OSX maybe try and putt an apple background and the icons on a dock like on OS. I'll be happy to help you just for fun, and maybe I'll end up liking the theme enough to putt it in my 700BT.

I wish i could take credit for the contacts, that's from someone else's theme that i just replaced mine. The floor should have been in the first images.res i uploaded somehow it didn't make it.

I'm not too keen on the dock, and i was going to put a black to light gray gradient but the lcd doesn't handle that too well as i found out by using too much gradient on the ipod wheel.

Very nice work! It shows that you know what your doing with creating the images!!!

My only suggestion (its actually a request...) is that as you work on this, you do a full theme. SO many of the themes I have found have a few icons here and there, and use most of the stock ones.

I spent almost two weeks working on my silly Iron Man theme, but I changed every thing that could possibly be changed. When I went back and counted them, I had changed nearly 100 images.

it really is looking good, noticed the floor on the main menu, do you mind updating the image.zip file on the first post for the one you are showing with the floor reflection on the main menu???? thanks...

I tried uploading the new one last night but it kept saying "tried to upload empty file".... any suggestions, I'm at work now so I'll give it another shot when I get back home.

Very nice work! It shows that you know what your doing with creating the images!!!

My only suggestion (its actually a request...) is that as you work on this, you do a full theme. SO many of the themes I have found have a few icons here and there, and use most of the stock ones.

I spent almost two weeks working on my silly Iron Man theme, but I changed every thing that could possibly be changed. When I went back and counted them, I had changed nearly 100 images.

That's my goal is to change everything, but it's a really big undertaking for one person to get everything looking really spot on, which is why any help would be great, even if it's identifying which bmp does what.

Ok.. I've done some searching and I haven't turned up what I am looking for. Can someone help me out here? I too am a graphic designer and want to attempt this theme thing. I don't have a problem creating the graphics but I can't for the life of me figure out how to decompress and recompress the .res file. Can someone point me towards the application they are using to open this file so I can get to the images?

Thanks in advance.