AVIC411.com

USA Avic-9DVD Work in Europe ?

I just picked up my car in France from being shipped from the US. I have an AVIC-9DVD Navigation unit that I purchased and installed back home. When I put in the Europe map, it loads the map but I do not get a signal. When I go into the info settings about the GPS signal reception, it says no antenna or no signal or some message of that sort. Don't remember exactly. But the antenna is still there. I am wondering if a nav unit from the US works in Europe, or if I have to change the antenna to get a GPS reception in Europe ??? Thanks for any input

I'm guessing it's a software issue, I am under the impression GPS antennas are the same no matter where you are.

I'm using a Carrozzeria GPS antenna from Japan for my AVIC-9DVD and it works fine in the US.

You might have to go into the service menu and overwrite the GPS software with the European version. It might not have bothered to update that part if the version numbers are the same.

I went into the service menu and cleared a couple of things. I called Pioneer and also talked to several dealers and they all told me I could not do anything. They claim the AVIC-9 DVD sold in the US are locked on Zone 1, like a regular Home Dvd Player. In Europe, they are using Zone 2. That's why it can't read the Europe Disc I have.