AVIC411.com

removing blue boxes from navi completely

hi all,

im new to the forum and have been reading, and reading, and reading.....

I am wondering if anyone has tried removing the blue boxes so they dont appear when navigating. to have just the arrows and text with nothing behind them.

I bought my F900 this week and still am awaiting its arrival, so i dont know what the 2.0 have to offer, considering some of the things i have been looking at are before the 2.0(i.e. the blue boxes mod)

hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has tried removing the blue boxes so they dont appear when navigating. to have just the arrows and text with nothing behind them.

I bought my F900 this week and still am awaiting its arrival, so i dont know what the 2.0 have to offer, considering some of the things i have been looking at are before the 2.0(i.e. the blue boxes mod)

2.0 does fix it, so no need for that mod.

hi all,

I was able to push the bars and boxes off the screen. See this thread for a photo. It's the second picture.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 95&start=0

Here's what I sent to another member that PMed me regarding the boxes. Once you get into files it'll make more sense.

What I did was I looked for every BMP that had to do with that top left hand portion of the screen. Once I found them, I copied them to a wordpad doc and tried to decifer if they were for the road arrows and next street. Once you have the right files, just add 1000 to the X value and that will push it off the screen. Watch out for the OM-007 file,. That bmp is used for both the top and bottom bar. I have the portable unit, so you may have the green bars - OM-006 maybe.

Just be sure to keep that wordpad file so you know which ones you changed in case something that wasn't supposed be changed was. It's easier to fix if you know for sure what the changes were. I believe there was another BMP that needed to be changed in the navigate common folder, but I'm not sure anylonger.

There were a few commented files also, just ignore those.