AVIC411.com

Just got 500bt and i need some help with video

Hey everyone i got my 500bt portable gps from pioneer yesturday. I charged in my rooma nd bought the required cable for my iphone to work. I conencting the ipod with cable at my home while the gps was charging on the outlet and i could see all my music videos i bought on itunes on the gps perfectly. This morning i tried doign same thing while driving to see if ot will work and it plays the song but video isnt there jsut a black screen any ideas? is it not suppose to work?

That's not how it senses the motion.

There is a wire on the harness that it supposed to be connected to your parking brake switch. So the system knows whether you have your parking brake engaged and that's how it determines whether you are moving or not. If the wire is not connected it will not allow you to do certain things, like video.

There is a way around that. Search for bypass.

actually i have a question sicne it worked inside my home when i used it, what if i dont connect the gps to the mount. and jsut say lay it on soemthing shouldnt that work, i mean it worked inside my house and if your saying the problem lies in the harness, i dont even use the harness so doesn tmake sense that knows im in a car if it worked inside my room but when i step in my car it doesnt let me, even though i dont have harness conencted and all i have is gps to ciggearte lighter and the ipod cable connected.

I have the F500BT connected with the IPOD classic via the Pioneer cable (Pioneer CD-IU200VM). It works fine. I believe the bypass is only needed if you use the harness. I do remember that I had some issue at first and found out the jack (Audio & Video) was not all the way in to F500BT.