AVIC411.com

Connecting video/digital camera?

Not much posted on this subject that I could find, and nothing specific in the manual either.

Is connecting a digital camcorder or camera to the F90BT as simple as taking the same cable that I use to display camera/camcorder images on my TV at home and plugging it into the AVIC AV input outlet?

I tried to that with my Canon SD650 and got nowhere, though when I took the SD card out of the camera and fed it directly to the AVIC, it recognized the card, and played the audio of one of my movie files, but would not display any digital pictures.

I tried hooking my digital camera up to the USB port, but got nothing, so USB appears to be only for physical connection of a device with storage (like music or video) and can not be used for playback.

I'd like to use my F90BT as a 'mobile monitor' to see recently taken video footage and digital pictures, and while this seems possible, there doesn't seem to be much information about it, only a couple of vague posts about the Pioneer cable (maybe I need to buy this or the equivalent?)

thanks - I had seen pg.18, but it's description wasn't much help. Also, the picture of the Pioneer cable shows that it has female RCA connectors at the ends, which won't work for digital cameras without an adapter.

A close look at one of the cables that came with my camcorder shows that it looks to be a match for CD-RM10, but with male adapters at the RCA ends.

Interestingly, the CD-RM10 cable doesn't match the colors shown on pg.18 (the Pioneer cable has all black rings, which I'm sure are correct, but don't match the colors specified on the various rings.