AVIC411.com

Ebay IPOD cable work with 700bt?

very likely it wont work. The USB is for charging only. (i.e the data D+/- are not connected)

I bough one last month,.. and you can charge, .. and you can listen to music and see the video, .. but no control of IPOD.

It is frustrating, .. since why would the designer cheap out on 2 conductors in the wire !! it is few cents of additional cost, and it is not a high volume cable anyway.

Cheers

Kaveh

I bought a cheapo one from Hong Kong for like $12... It said "works with iPhone 3G, but not compatible with firmware 2.0 and newer", so I knew going into it I was getting into shaky ground at best. When it arrived, it looked to be assembled pretty well. Unfortunately, it only works "well" with my hacked first-gen iPhone on the 2.0 firmware, not well with the 3G on 2.2. There is no USB control with either unit, both units show 'charging', but don't. I just use the 1st gen to play videos on the AV1 input, and I use the 3G to play pandora streaming radio. The second I put the 3G on video, I get the airplane mode warning, and cannot play video on the unit.

Yeah, I learned my lesson. I'll be buying the Apple one soon...

The second I put the 3G on video, I get the airplane mode warning, and cannot play video on the unit.

Yeah, I learned my lesson. I'll be buying the Apple one soon...

FWIW, when you get the airplane warning, say "no" and don't put it in airplane mode, it just means the 3G doesn't like it, not that it won't work with it.

You also do not need the Apple cable, there are others out there, the Pioneer works fine for most people, and the JVC KS-U20 does too, (the JVC KS-U30 should work too, but I haven't tried yet)

Thanks for the info. If I say 'no' to airplane mode, the video goes back to playing only on the iPhone, and not out through the composite. (Audio still works). I think the same happens if I do put it into airplane mode, but I've only done that like once or twice for troubleshooting. Do you know if both the Pioneer/JVC cables are "certified" with the 3G? I'm wondering if they use the USB pins or the firewire ones to charge.

Thanks for the info. If I say 'no' to airplane mode, the video goes back to playing only on the iPhone, and not out through the composite. (Audio still works). I think the same happens if I do put it into airplane mode, but I've only done that like once or twice for troubleshooting. Do you know if both the Pioneer/JVC cables are "certified" with the 3G? I'm wondering if they use the USB pins or the firewire ones to charge.

The JVC cable uses the USB charging pins, not the deprecated firewire pins, I can't comment on the Pioneer.

My iphone 3G plays fine into my F700BT with the JVC KS-U20 cable, my ipod 5th gen would most likely do the same, but it doesnt have any videos on it anymore.