AVIC411.com

F90BT - iPod cuts out intermittently

Hello all. I thought I'd see if anyone else was having the same problem I am. I've checked around the forum and haven't seen this exact issue but maybe i'm not looking hard enough. I have the F90BT and my iPod hooked up to it, and for the most part everything works fine, but every now and then my iPod is just not recognized. Before you say "Set your AV1 to iPod...", that's not it. Everything is hooked up how it should be because the iPod will play for hours sometimes without a problem, just recently every now and then it will shut off. Unplugging the iPod and reestablishing the connection sometimes works, but it seems to work when it wants. I've noticed that it also happens a lot when I use any control to change a song (i.e. pressing the play button on the F90BT or moving the joystick left or right to skip/repeat a song).

I'm at a loss of why this could be happening. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

I have the same (an 80gb 5th gen iPod). I agree that the cables aren't the highest quality, but mine seems to try to make a connection when I put the cable into the iPod. The Pioneer screen will actually show up for a moment, then disappear, and if it doesn't connect to my F90, it will still charge. So I'm going to have to throw out the possibility of it being just the cable for mine. I think this goes a bit deeper. Appreciate the response.

• 1 month later...

I get the same thing too. Now my ipod can stay in my car a week and not be recognized by my 900bt. I called pioneer and they said to send it in which is going to cost me $70 just for them to look at it not including cost to repair or shipping. I'm hoping someone here has an answer or I will wait for the next update to hopefully fix this problem.

Well I guess I'm not the only one. It has been happening to me since day 1. All of a sudden it will just cut out & shut the unit off. I've tried my ipod to pc cable and it does the same exact thing. I wonder if it is something from the female end of the usb cable to the main unit? Naturally it didn't play when I hooked it up with the other USB because it didn't have RCAs. I started thinking it was my Ipod but doubt apple is messing up this much.