AVIC411.com

Any way to display Asian Character?

Is there anyone know if the F series can display asian characters (Chinese, Japanese, Korean.....)?

From the windows mobile SDK, there is a locale thing witch enable wince device to display languages other than english. I wonder can we do the same for the pioneer unit.

I tried to do it and it was successful (I believe). I installed the cab and also modified the registry. But when I loaded mp3's from my mp3 player with Japanese fonts, it didn't read the characters correctly. Is it not working? Does someone have a test file I can load up to see if the fonts are working correctly?

I did it this morning, and it worked great.

I run the font cab file and it install by it self, just click ok to the file overwrite screen. Then install the regedit cab and edit the registry to 404 (Trandition Chinese in my case) and turn off the car and take the key away, wait a moment and turn the car on again.

Drove to work, dinner and my friends house with at lease 5-6 reboot, still works.