AVIC411.com

Navigation Not updating Direction.

So I've been using the Z1 for a few months. Everything has been working just the way its supposed to.

So I had my local installer attempt to put in a rear view camera, power inverter and game port. They managed to somehow not get everything installed how I asked and also disconnected the reverse wire which has been hooked up all this time.

Now when I drive, the direction arrow of the car stays in the same direction most of the time and when it does change it is constantly off from the true direction of the car. I.e. when driving on a road heading north, my direction arrow says my car is facing east yet somehow driving in a northerly direction.

On top of this, everything but clock, direction and voltage are showing up as "This function is currently not available." in the vehicle dynamics screen.

Currently having them redo the work with a more experienced employee, so hopefully that fixes the problem (by having him reconnect the reverse wire).

Has anyone ever heard of this occuring or any causes/fixes?

Also, does anyone know how to change the background picture in the vehicle dynamics? Not the three base sytles, but the actual background that shows up in the styles.

-Litos
No its not the button that switches between true north and always having the car point to the top of the screen. I know what that does and this is not the problem.

The problem is during the last install batch my installers for some reason disconnected at least the rear signal wire. Now the Speed Pulse nor that are registering and all of the related Vehicle dynamics are not functioning.

Also, most of the time the direction my car is facing according to the Z1 is off, by a good amount, sometimes more than 90 degrees.

My thoughts are that if they hook this wire back up and make sure the speed pulse is hooked up properly that it should work again. Though I want to make sure I'm 100% positive.
that might not fix your problem. You may just have a loose connection. I ran my z1 with the speed pulse hooked up and no reverse hooked up for about 2-3 weeks and i never had a problem. The reverse is only used so it knows when to switch to the camera view. The vss wire will definatley need to be hooked up to use the vehicle dynamics though. I hope you get it fixed, its a bummer that a shop messed up like that but everyone makes mistakes.
Yeah, I read on the forum before I got the unit that the unit may use the reverse wire to help out with navigation in that sense. So I had them hook it up.

Now it may or may not be true. Of course I am also getting no speed pulse either, which accounts for the Vehicle Dynamics, even though I don't see that the wire is actually unhooked.

Its just a whole frustrating case, especially since every time I take it back to get it fixed they don't have their Z1 person work on it. Just doesn't make sense.

-Litos
[quote name="silveradojeff"]i had another idea today, maybe your antenna is just sideways. If it thinks ahead is to the right, the when you go forward it may be thinking your going sideways. anyway thats one more thing to check.[/quote]

That's not how it works. It uses movement tracked by the GPS...not antenna direction.
Well after last night finally got them to hook up the speed pulse as well as the rear signal wires.

That pretty much solved the problem.

There are just some places out there that don't have the experience with the unit yet. So they have no idea what they are cutting when they are trying to make other things work. No idea why they would cut an already existing connection for the life of me.

But at least its over with now.

-Litos