AVIC411.com

Is this a good price?

Local shop that specializes in pioneer double dins wants 200 to uninstall my old headunit and install my F90 wit ipod wire. This includes bypass. They dont hook up the vss though. I dont even want them to bypass it i heard it voids warranty i might just do the software one. What did those of you that didnt install it yourself pay?

Man, relax... The forum was down for a bit and not everyone is here 24/7.

Either way, $200 seems a bit steep, but if you have a tough car to work on - maybe it is OK price wise.

For it to void warranty you would need to have a problem with the unit and then send it to pioneer. But if everything works - do you care?

At least on this board people say that anywhere between $100 and $200 is common. I'm at the same stage as you but have different unit - F500BT. It is portable but there is a lot work work that needs to be done to integrate it into a car. So i'm thinking if i should pay for it or do it myself....

Seems kind of steep to me. Then again it really depends on the car, I know that some of the new (er) GM's need adapter modules. Depends on whether the charge is to install them too.

If its for something like that, it probably isn't that bad of a price.

If its for something like a 1988-2003 Toyota truck, ask for a kiss and a reach around, cause they're giving you the high hard one.

It probably depends on where you are too.