AVIC411.com

Phone contacts and creating POI files to upload

Hi all

I recently had the F900BT installed in my car, I am in the UK. I have a couple of queries I need help with.

Firstly my phone contacts have multiple entries on the unit even though they are stored as one entry in my phone (a Samsung) with home, office and mobile numbers. There does not appear to be anything distinguishing between them on my unit, is that correct?

Secondly I have been trying to get some POI files together to load into my unit. I have tried to created kml files using the Navgate Feeds software but this is resricted to 300 lines per entry. I presume I need to create kml files to load to an SD card to upload to the unit. Most POI data available appears to be csv or ov2. Is there a straightforward way of converting these formats to kml?

Regards

Paul

Hi all

I recently had the F900BT installed in my car, I am in the UK. I have a couple of queries I need help with.

Firstly my phone contacts have multiple entries on the unit even though they are stored as one entry in my phone (a Samsung) with home, office and mobile numbers. There does not appear to be anything distinguishing between them on my unit, is that correct?

Secondly I have been trying to get some POI files together to load into my unit. I have tried to created kml files using the Navgate Feeds software but this is resricted to 300 lines per entry. I presume I need to create kml files to load to an SD card to upload to the unit. Most POI data available appears to be csv or ov2. Is there a straightforward way of converting these formats to kml?

Regards

Paul

Update your firmware. Latest versions show home/mobile/etc. for phone numbers. Assuming the phone sends them, of course.

Also, if you google for iGO POI converter or somesuch, there is software that can convert from CSV or OV2 to either KML or iGO's upoi format...

Thanks

I am sure I have the latest European firmware loaded so I must assume it is a phone issue.

I have now found a useful POI converter. Now to create POI's to load via an SD card what do I do? The Navgate Feeds software seems awkward due to its 300 line per file limit so I want to try and bypass it. The software seems to create kmb files to load with icons attached so I am assuming I need to try and replicate this.

I can create the kmb files but how do I attach icons to these? Once done can they be loaded to the unit via an SD card?