AVIC411.com

Old Ipod works, New one does not

I have a f90bt installed in my 06 f150, and i was using my friends 40gb ipod classic, with the ipod rca and usb cable connected to the back of the unit. His ipod audio and video works perfectly on my unit, but when i just got my brand new 120gb ipod classic and hooked it up to the unit, i can see the songs and vids on the f90bt screen but there is no sound. Also i can change from song to song but nothing plays. I tried pausing, fast forward, reversing the songs etc but nothing works, it just wont play. all i can do is just switch from song to song using the f90bt but nothing else. I hooked up his ipod back and it is workign perfectly..can the new ipod be bad? or the newest ones have a issue playing with f90bt. I had my ipod hooked up to itunes and updated it and it plays songs and vids if i only play it on ipod but not when its connected to f90bt. Any ideas, suggestions?

thanks

Did you by chance forget to read that piece of paper on the top of the accessories box that tells you to change AV1 to Ipod? If so, be sure to report back on what a waste that piece of paper is, and not the rest of the unit

I have the exact same issue. 90 and a Ipod classic 120 version 7. No sound but all seems to work. Hopefully one of us will find an answer. I hope it's not an incompatiability. What a waste of money if it is.

Bill

Any suggestions? Read the manual

I have a f90bt installed in my 06 f150, and i was using my friends 40gb ipod classic, with the ipod rca and usb cable connected to the back of the unit. His ipod audio and video works perfectly on my unit, but when i just got my brand new 120gb ipod classic and hooked it up to the unit, i can see the songs and vids on the f90bt screen but there is no sound. Also i can change from song to song but nothing plays. I tried pausing, fast forward, reversing the songs etc but nothing works, it just wont play. all i can do is just switch from song to song using the f90bt but nothing else. I hooked up his ipod back and it is workign perfectly..can the new ipod be bad? or the newest ones have a issue playing with f90bt. I had my ipod hooked up to itunes and updated it and it plays songs and vids if i only play it on ipod but not when its connected to f90bt. Any ideas, suggestions?

thanks

I have the exact same issue. 90 and a Ipod classic 120 version 7. No sound but all seems to work.

*NOT* the "exact same issue as the OP, his was "one ipod works fine, other ipod doesn't.

ipod looks fine, shows up on the screen, lets you pick songs, but makes no sound is 99% of the time one of the the following 3 situations:

*You didn't change AV1 to "ipod" like you're supposed to

*You didn't hook the RCA connections on the ipod cable up

*You didn't use an ipod cable with RCA

I run a 120 gig classic on my 90BT with no issues at all. In fact I use it for video podcasts, music and music video ripped from my DVD collection.

Something else is wrong. As everyone mentioned make sure you are using the correct apple or pioneer cable and the connections are correct. Remember Yellow is video, red and white audio. Then of course setting the 90 to iPod. I did all of that when I first set mine up and no video. I didn't realize the iPod had a TV out setting. Once I figured this out I got video. Make sure you set TV Out on your iPod classic to On.

Link to online iPod manual if you need it. Good luck HTH's

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPo ... 0GB_en.pdf

Snake Eyes,

Glad to hear about your success. My problem was some plastic that must have been molded on the usb pin. I dug it off with a hobby knife and it worked fine.

I am new to the ipod and new to the pioneer unit. I was learning to hate the F90bt when using sd and memory sticks for my storage, it behaves very poorly - even waiting a minute for a command to accept. But with the ipod, there seems to be no overload on the cpu and if I can figure this out I'll be ok with the unit. I still think Pioneer could use a good dose of intuitive thinking because while feature packed and pretty, they often make you dig deep for a frequently or routinely needed function - IE: let the joystick up/down do something. FOr only 5 hard control functions, they leave out two of them --- that could be used to make operation better. But anyhow, my question is how to set this up to be able to play a random group of songs. Not mp3's but music videos. It seems the rules of function pioneer used for mp3's isn't carried over to music videos. I have tried everything and I'm obviously missing something in playlists and randomly playing them or even playing any order of a group. All my tries have resulted in being able to play only 1 music vid unless I exit and select another music vid. I'm obviously missing something.

Even without trying to build a playlist in the case of music vids it will only play what I picked, not even the next song (joystick right) will load up the same song.

I would very much appreciate knowing the steps to build a playlist that will either play in order or play randomly but I can't manage to get my setup right. I don't know if the problem is in the Itunes structure I've used or something in the F90BT. When using an SD card Ican move from song to song and it by default plays the next song, so something is diferent with the IPOD use.

Any suggestons?

Bill

rjousuf,

Did you use the IPOD cable that is supplied in the F90BT box? It can't work without that.. at least in the case of my classic 120 version 7 Ipod.

Bill

blake2415, you're not reading what rjousuf is saying, he's saying it works with one ipod, it doesn't work with the 2nd ipod.

That's a lot tougher, and pointing me think there's a setting set differently in the ipod that's not working.

Yes, I did read and understood what he said. My reasonf or suggesting he check is that I thought I read somewhere here that with some versions of the ipod you can just use the apple cable and plug it into the usb female. If that is the case then maybe he had two different generations of the ipod.

Not really sure, I"m still trying to figure out how to make my music videos on the ipod play in a mix. I got it to work once today by how I selected it on the 90bt menus but it was a fluke I couldn't duplicate after seeing them work once.

Bill

Yes, I did read and understood what he said. My reasonf or suggesting he check is that I thought I read somewhere here that with some versions of the ipod you can just use the apple cable and plug it into the usb female. If that is the case then maybe he had two different generations of the ipod.

The AVIC-F series always requires the combo RCA/USB cable with all the connections connected, both USB and RCA, the AVIC series can not work with just USB attached and provide audio.

The USB cable provides control of the ipod

The RCA jacks provide the audio and video