AVIC411.com

Price going up on F90BT, will it go back down?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pioneer has given dealers BLOWOUT pricing to get rid of these things. We even ran a promotion to include an ipod touch w/ the f90bt for $649!!!

Is there a reason? Are they going to stop making them or is there a new model coming out?

I just got the 700BT for $409 from Amazon.com. Shipped from 6th. I wanted the 90 only for the slightly better amp, I don't care about playing DVD's so...

The main feature I want is the iPod voice control. Is there a better radio with this feature?

EVERYBODY - CHECK YOUR LOCAL CAR AUDIO DEALERS!!! We're currently selling the f90BT for $599 at our store! And it's not even on sale! We sell the f700bt for 399 regular and 299 on sale! We can't be the only ones!!

Buy local and avoid dealing w/ people on the internet who will disappear and not be around when you need help!

Pioneer has given dealers BLOWOUT pricing to get rid of these things. We even ran a promotion to include an ipod touch w/ the f90bt for $649!!!

Do you still have the ipod promo? Which store is this, and do you ship? I would be interested! thanks!

Here is the lowdown - per "Nicole" at Pioneer, so long as the receipt doesn't say "online" on it the warranty is good to go. She was extremely courteous and took the time to double check this issue with her supervisor. The Elite and Premier is not supposed to be "sold online" however 6ave is an authorized vendor, so take that as you will. Also keep in mind that 6ave clearly points out on their homepage that they are 100% authorized for everything they sell. Whether that includes loopholes for online sales is your own interpretation. The impact of making the purchase through Amazon is unknown, but again the item is sold from 6ave and Amazon is just the broker so to speak...

Here is the lowdown - per "Nicole" at Pioneer, so long as the receipt doesn't say "online" on it the warranty is good to go.

Just keep in mind that this would not be the first time that someone at Pioneer told someone something that turned out to be completely wrong. The only way to insure warranty is to buy from an authorized dealer which most likely wont be anywhere online.

Agreed. The bottom line is that Pioneer just doesn't want Elite/Premier sold online.

If you call in an order to 6ave, it is kosher (according to her) as they are authorized to sell Premier "face to face," just not online hence why the format of the receipt has some bearing. Again, take it for what it's worth - there is no guarantee. But hey, maybe Obama will add Pioneer Premier warranties to the stimulus package so everyone is treated equally... haha!

Trust me, I understand the concern regarding the warranty as one of my 980BT's is in for service right now and one of my previous Premier units (860) was in for service twice. I inquired regarding the warranty as my F90 came from an authorized dealer and I'm possibly going to buy yet another, but regardless of price it absolutely must have a valid warranty.