AVIC411.com

Is there any way to get F900BT to re-load the 2.0 Firmware?

Anyone know if it possible to get the F900BT to re-load the 2.0 firmware (when it's already installed), and also if it's possible to re-install all software from scratch?.

Asked this in another thread also, but was part of a "bigger" problem, so thought I should make another thread if anyone knows...:)

I've got the same thing. Need to reinstall software. Lost ability to change navigation voice (unit freezes). Unit won't display any Speed Cameras from speedcamupdate i.e. won't load update from card.

Tried (for the first time) going to test mode and just got an error box on top of the splash screen with the unit locked up. Will try again in daylight to get pic of error box.

If I could get back to a "default" system, hopefully this'll cure the probs.

Please, if anyone's got any ideas, it would be appreciated. This is infuriating.

samurai, Depending on what is going on, the data.zip isn't going to help. the issue is probably with files that are called later. as for not having space, what mods have you done? Mine has a couple of hundred Mb free space.

Steve, one way to fix your issues would be to copy the files I have out on the net and copy them to your stereo, writing over the existing messed upp files, that will get you back to 99% original. Only mod up on my files now is the enable speedcam

The data.zip file I have is some 260-ish MBs in size. But the one's i've seen posted like maverickster's are around 5MBs which seems odd to me, as I haven't done/gotten any of the mods to work yet. Aside from being able to boot into test mode.

I don't know if it makes a difference that I'm using a Mac, and I've tried putting the files on using Windows (using VMWare) and still no luck either.

The data.zip file I have is some 260-ish MBs in size. But the one's i've seen posted like maverickster's are around 5MBs which seems odd to me, as I haven't done/gotten any of the mods to work yet. Aside from being able to boot into test mode.

I don't know if it makes a difference that I'm using a Mac, and I've tried putting the files on using Windows (using VMWare) and still no luck either.

Something's wrong there... Correct data.zip is 4-6 MB in size. If yours is 260MB something is devfinitely wrong.

I found that the inappropriately large data.zip file was from my own creation I think either from the root of the flash drive, and it's data folder, and not the data.zip.

Although getting rid of the "data" folder was a quick and easy way to get rid of the annoying sounds from key presses and otherwise there didn't seem to be any ill effects from not having the directory.