AVIC411.com

My Z3 LCD viewing angle blows!

Hey everyone, I swapped out my D3 for a Z3 a few days after the Z3 came out and I'm just getting around to complaining.

With the D3 the viewing angle was great. The backup camera looked good, watching dvd's was awesome but not so much for the Z3. Does anyone else have this issue? Everything looks like white silhouettes because of the viewing angle.

I just sold my D3 but came really close to putting it back in. The iPod control is better, the volume control for the bluetooth setup is better and obviously the screen is an issue.

Billy

Okay, I feel like a complete half-a-tard, what a huge difference, thanks for the help, driving just got soooo much better.

Now the other issue I have, and I had the same one with my D3, is how come I can't see my backup camera if the car is not in reverse? I'm using the ND-BC2.

Billy

I have not hooked up a cam to mine yet, but I think it will only show fullscreen when in reverse. You can see a split screen when on one of the map screens. If you want full screen view you will need to hook up a switch to trick the unit into thinking you are in reverse.

Ken

Sounds like you tapped the reverse wire to power the camera. The red wire for the camera should be connected to accessory power instead

Okay, I feel like a complete half-a-tard, what a huge difference, thanks for the help, driving just got soooo much better.

Now the other issue I have, and I had the same one with my D3, is how come I can't see my backup camera if the car is not in reverse? I'm using the ND-BC2.

Billy