AVIC411.com

Buzz sound that only starts when moving, and gets louder....

Hey guys, I tried searching around, but couldn't find anyone that sounded like they had this specific problem...

I just installed my f90bt, and now when I start to drive, I immediately get a small buzz sound... The faster I go, the louder it gets.

Now, I did hook up my parking break line wrong. I grounded it, which (as I've read on the forum) doesn't work. So i get a message saying it is improperly connected etc. Would that be the cause of the sound?

I just want to make sure I know what all I need to fix before I tear everything apart again. Thanks for any advice. :)

The hardware hack/mod that makes it possible to watch movies or adjust nav settings while in motion is a two part process. One part is grounding the parking brake cable from the stereo. The second part is what you may have missed. The easiest way would be to remove the mute wire from the connector by gently lifting the white tab on the connector with a small screwdriver and then replacing that wire in the lower row of the connector in the fourth slot which is empty, I believe its between two black wires. Then ground that wire also.

As for the whining noise, that is interference from your ignition. There's a couple things you can try. One would be to try to find a diferent grounding point. The other option is to get an ignition noise filter.

You could try that.... My harness in my truck had the ground but I didnt hook it up... since the unit had a ground clamp on it ready I instead found a hole in the frame of the truck and used a bolt and ground it to that instead. If you try that make sure you get some sand paper or a wire brush to clean the metal off.