AVIC411.com

Bluetooth - iPhone no longer detectable with F900BT

Sorry if this has been covered before, but...

My F900BT is now having issues connecting to my iPhone3G via Bluetooth, and thus, I can't make calls, or pull up my contacts list on the F900.

This was all working just fine recently, just until a few days ago. The only thing that's different now is that I have firmware ver. 2.2.1 on the iPhone. It worked fine prior to the iPhone update.

I've tried to force the F900 to detect it in the Phone settings menu, but after about a minute or so, it says that it can't detect it.

...and yes, Bluetooth is turned ON on the iPhone.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Well see, that's the weird thing...

Sometimes it pairs up, and sometimes it doesn't. I even tried to force to find the iPhone, and it couldn't detect anything.

And yes, both devices have up-to-date firmware installed.

I wonder if it has something to do with the latest iPhone 2.2.1 firmware, as this wasn't happening prior to the firmware update...

Well, I updated my iPhone to the 2.2.1 software, and it recognizes exactly the same as before it. Might be your Pioneer unit itself?

Also, even though you'd probably lose some settings, you might want to reset your iPhone and see if that cures it? I know I've heard folks suggest a simple fix like that on the Apple support sites before.

Cheers,

Kev

This morning I did the reset all settings option on my phone. After it booted up, the F90 found my iphone 3g, but displayed it as a string of characters (not the bluetooth profile name). When entering the pin number on the phone, the F90 also was listed as a string of characters and not the default bluetooth name. Regardless, it works now and it allowed me to transfer my contacts as well.

I'm using an iphone 3g with 2.2.1 software.