AVIC411.com

F500BT no audio while using navigation

Hi,

I am having problem with navigation audio. No problem playing sounds or video. This happened while I used it at home, so it has nothing to do with wrong wiring my car. I was able to hear a test voice when went to "Settings" -> "Navi Settings" -> "Sound Settings" and change the Master/Voice setting. It is not happening any more. And there is no sound while I drive either. The only thing I did was applying two hacks:

1)Speedcam

2)Asian font support (didn't work)

I've copied the back up files from Speedcam hack back to the system. No help. The font hack updated a hidden file which I didn't get to backup. I tried to refresh firmware again hoping it'll fix the problem. However, the unit wouldn't refresh as it already has 2.0 firmware in place. Anyone can help?

Thanks!

When you hacked the unit if you replaced your system.txt file with one from the hack try replacing it with your original system.txt file. Hopefully you backed up your files before you made the changes.

I had the same problem with my F500BT and upon restoring my orginal system.txt file the voice navigation returned to normal function. I'm still trying to figure out what line of text in these sytem.txt files are causing this to happen.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Finally got my gps "talking" again. I retored data.zip back but didn't retore sys.txt. I did open and compare the two sys.txt files and found the only difference was the line "speedcam_enabled=1", so I didn't think my audio problem has anything to do with it. Turned out it is the problem.

I found many hacks didn't work the same on f500bt. Maybe because 500 is running different firmware with 700 and 900 model? Got to be more careful when applying hacks to f500bt.

Hey dodoyjj your welcome. I think I have stumbled upon the reason we lost our voice navigation with the modified sys.txt files.

Looking at the first line of these modified sys.txt files there is always a device type listed. For our units this line must be:

[device]

type="PIONEER749UC"

where 749UC is the type number for our F500BT's. Next time you apply a hack with a modified sys.txt file change that line. I just tried it with the hack I was having voice navigation problems with and it now works fine.

Hope this helps you to find more joy in hacking your unit.