AVIC411.com

HD presets not showing up in order?

whats the deal with the presets not showing up in order from top to bottom with the HD unit installed? all it shows when programmed is "::" or something like that. you basically have to guess what number preset a certain station is on? please tell me theres a way to fix this. If there is no way to fix this, Pioneer really sucks as this feature is really used alot. Thanks

have you tied doing a "reset"? Ever since the 2.0 update, resetting the unit has resolved a lot of strange issues. Powering the unit off doesnt seem to fix anything. But when I press the "reset" button, that usually fixes the problem I was having. After a reset I usually have to confiure the AV inputs to use the Ipod again but that is usually the only thing I have to configure again. So far, it has kept my bluetooth settings and HD radio presets.

Dave

This has been discussed a lot in various threads but to make a long story short, you cannot identify the presets using the HD module. Known bug with the system.

Suggestions:

1. Really good memory

2. Yellow sticky

3. Pink sticky (for the girls)

4. Write or call Pioneer Tech Support (good luck with that one)

5. Wait and hope for a firmware fix (good luck with this one too)

Seriously it is a good add on but the limiting feature is the absence of identified presets. Once you are in the detail screen it is similar to a RDS feed with station ID, song and artist ID but presets are a no go.