AVIC411.com

msn direct not working at all!

had msn direct transfered to my new HU from old one that died (which had msn direct) however, now i cant get it to get a signal. i called them and they said i needed to be in an open area unobstructed (which i very well am! after all, msn was working fine with my last HU which was the same f900bt and same location)

the only diffrence from this 900 bt is that i installed the HD module with it so if MSN comes through antenna, it may not work! frustrating thing is, is that i asked their support techs about the HD module and they didnt even know what it was (asked on 3 seperate calls to 3 diff reps) anyone know why my msn isnt working? msn sucks anyway but the weather on it is ok thanks John

had msn direct transfered to my new HU from old one that died (which had msn direct) however, now i cant get it to get a signal. i called them and they said i needed to be in an open area unobstructed (which i very well am! after all, msn was working fine with my last HU which was the same f900bt and same location)

the only diffrence from this 900 bt is that i installed the HD module with it so if MSN comes through antenna, it may not work! frustrating thing is, is that i asked their support techs about the HD module and they didnt even know what it was (asked on 3 seperate calls to 3 diff reps) anyone know why my msn isnt working? msn sucks anyway but the weather on it is ok thanks John

Since MSN information is delivered through radio waves, and not by pixie dust floating through the ether, if you do not have an antenna hooked up, you won't get it...

You need a splitter or a second antenna. Has to go to the deck for MSN and to the HD tuner for radio

so i need to take a splitter and plug in the car antena to it while the splitter goes to the HD (for hd fm am etc) and then the other split end to go to the unit? so basically antenna to both hd and unit for all to work? thanks John

You need a splitter or a second antenna. Has to go to the deck for MSN and to the HD tuner for radio

so i need to take a splitter and plug in the car antena to it while the splitter goes to the HD (for hd fm am etc) and then the other split end to go to the unit? so basically antenna to both hd and unit for all to work? thanks John

Indeed that's what the man said, and what the solution is ;)