AVIC411.com

Has anyone been able to add sky's to their schemes?

I'm looking to add sky's to my schemes like in the screenshots in the links below.

http://www.igo8mods.com/dimka_screenshots.htm

http://www.gurjon.com/

I use leetlaucher and was able to make them come up in igo 8.3, but can't figure out how to get them to show on the avic igo shemes. Maybe some of the guru's can play around and figure this out for us. They look awesome on igo 8.3 and would be a nice touch for the avic schemes backgrounds. Someone please help!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look through the color.ini file you'll proably that they point to a file in the gfx folder that we don't have. It's possible that if you add the missing files it may work. I think I have all the gfx files for the real-view v-6 versions but have not played with them yet.'

Try it out and let us know if you have any luck.

I could not get them to work either.

FWIW, if you run these schemes even without the additional files in GFX, they work. Normally, if a file is referenced in a scheme and not present, iGO will throw an error message and exit. The fact that these schemes work tells me that this particular functionality is not enabled on AVIC, and it simply ignores references to sun, stars, etc.

FWIW, if you run these schemes even without the additional files in GFX, they work. Normally, if a file is referenced in a scheme and not present, iGO will throw an error message and exit. The fact that these schemes work tells me that this particular functionality is not enabled on AVIC, and it simply ignores references to sun, stars, etc.

Makes sense, Boris.

You saved me some aggrevation. Thanks for the explanation.

Thanks for your input Boris. That does make sense.

Probably I don;t understand it well then.

Those skins provide horizon details, correct?

Does such a skin 'work' on all maps?

if yes, can you please show me such a skin?

No, these are color schemes, and the ones under discussion add sun (in a correct position), clouds etc. Horizon line would be determined by the actual landscape file (DEM).

You're welcome...

There are very good skins for 8.0, too, and we'd have better luck adapting those.

The only way 8.3 is happening is if Pioneer pays NavNGO for custom build similar to the one we have...

How would we use different skins for 8.0? I thought it was just built into the new igo 8.3 that we could switch back and forth between different skins. If we add a skin folder in the content folder of our igo what else do we need to do to give the avic the path to choose a different skin?

Probably I don;t understand it well then.

Those skins provide horizon details, correct?

Does such a skin 'work' on all maps?

if yes, can you please show me such a skin?

No, these are color schemes, and the ones under discussion add sun (in a correct position), clouds etc. Horizon line would be determined by the actual landscape file (DEM).

I've tried several DEM files now, whereunder the file called Europe_NASA_DEM, but no change...