AVIC411.com

F500BT Screen Shows Garbled Graphics in 3d Mode

I'm not sure if this is a problem, but in 3D mode, when I zoom out I noticed that the top 25% of the screen does not update properly. Is that normal?

Only 75% of the screen shows the map correctly. Is that because the processor is too slow to keep up with the painting of the graphics?

Thanks

I have the same problem, I called pioneer and they said I have a bad unit!!

I checked with a co-worker and his F700BT has the same thing too. They can't all be bad - can they??

I believe there is a setting somewhere to fix this.

Can you see the sky anywhere in your 3-D view?? I can not! it doesn't tilt far enough and when I zoom out the image gets garbled.

There are settings in SYS.TXT file that determine maximum ytilt angle and also the distance in 3D View before it starts applying fog effect to the map.

I think it is max_zfar in [3d] section, but not 100% sure right now...

I was hoping you would reply Boris, thankyou.

If you have any experience with this or have seen it before, do you think that maybe the file that draws the sky itself maybe missing or corrupt?

I changed the settings detail to low and now I have a block green top of the marp instead of the garbles.

I was hoping you would reply Boris, thankyou.

If you have any experience with this or have seen it before, do you think that maybe the file that draws the sky itself maybe missing or corrupt?

I changed the settings detail to low and now I have a block green top of the marp instead of the garbles.

Can you post a picture?

[map]

3d_max_tiltlevel=7000

3d_max_zoomlevel=2000

3d_min_zoomlevel=40

3d_max_zfar=500

You could play with these values and see if display improves.