AVIC411.com

We just installed the AVIC-Z1 into my VW. Before I had retrofitted an Audi Navigation system.

Nav --

[b]SOLVED.[/b] Started working after it finished calibrating.

The Audi nav would correct itself if you took a wrong turn and continue the route from your present position. This doesn't seem to do that... it just leaves the route marked behind you no matter what. Is there a way to do it the other way?

Bluetooth --

The bluetooth thing sucks. Its functional but lacks intelligence... in terms of determining the difference in Caller ID of a number with 1 in front of it or not. And, the phonebook doesn't auto-sync, and only stores a single type of contact. (Home, Work, Mobile... picks the first one and that's it...) Shame on you Pioneer!!!

iPod --

It'd be nice if they'd included a real "search" feature... as scrolling through artists and albums manually is very slow and delayed. However, I can't really complain that much since it's better than the adapter I had before.

So, now that the Nav is fixed, I'm not that upset. Receiving calls with Bluetooth could be worse, but whatever. This isn't that bad a system after all!
IIRC, you have the option of having it reroute you. Go into the settings menu and turn that on. I think that's right....

The Bluetooth needs some work. I think you'll see an upgrade soon that will fix a lot of issues. You also need to remember that some phones are much better than others. Our Verizon LG VX8300 performs extremely well other than the echo. Some smart phones won't work at all. Others have other issues. If you carrier has limited the Bluetooth functions (many do) you may have to either change phones or hack the one you have.