AVIC411.com

F700BT - Ipod video problem

Hey Eveyone,

I have a F700BT installed in a 350z with Bose. Everything works fine but the iPod video feature. I'm using my iPhone to play music and video. The music part of things works fantastic, but when I try to play video all I get is the audio from the video, the screen is black. Do I have something hooked up wrong? Or do I need to enable some sort of setting?

I also have one more question. I did a hardware bypass on my unit as well. This may be a really stupid question, but, how do I know if its working properly? lol. I know it sounds pretty dumb, but I just want to make sure its working. Thanks in advance everyone.

hey hows it goin!

Well the first thing I would say is check the Video cable on the back, its sounding like the yellow wire is not connected since your getting sound and the ipod is working but no video. Theres another option, there was something in the settings that you had to switch to get the ipod to play im gonna go out to check in my car right now and tell ya where it is if its even that.

The hardware bypass is simple to test. It wont let you play DVD's or switch GPS while your car is on so go grab a DVD toss her in and check to see if it plays, if its blacked out, theres a problem. I remember when I first put in my unit I did the pin trick but didnt ground the parking brake :x

Anyhoo im going to my car right now

Brad :)

I had this exact same problem and it was a bad iPod cable. Everything else about the iPod worked fine, but it wouldn't display the video (despite being able to hear the video). While removing mine from the dash to change the cable it would sometimes flash the video signal indicating it was in fact a broken wire.

Bad cable eh? I'll look into that considering you had the same problem that Im having right now.

And yes, my iPhone is updated with 2.0.1 firmware. Going to be updating to 2.0.2 very soon. BTW, my iPhone is a first gen EDGE iPhone. Not a fancy 3G like all the kids have these days.....lol