AVIC411.com

GoingToBuy F700BT Advice/Tips?

This is going to be my first aftermarket head unit! Here's what I'm buying... let me know about anything that I should know about this unit or anything that comes to mind.

F700BT

CD-IU230V

GEX-P10HD

PAC SWI-PS

Total: $667w/ship from sonicelectronix.com

Thank You! ahead of time for your opinions...good and bad.

Find one locally to spend enough time with to really get a feel for it. If this is your first aftermarket headunit (let along nav system) the wow factor my inhibit your decision making. Once the newness wares off you may not be that happy with your decision.

Consider a Kenwood DNX6140 or Alpine IVA-W203.

Don't even buy the thing, i've had no end of trouble with it, had it 6 months and it reboots every 20 seconds. Pioneer want to repair it but theres several people with the same issue on here and they've had the suggested repair and its still doing it!

Not to mention the amount of other problems with the unit!

I'd find something else if i was buying an in car media solution again, 10 out of 10 for their interface and features but theres an extreamly big problem and thats the software that has been written for it, IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!

SORT IT OUT PIONEER

Hm well the DNX6140 just came out huh? Looks like a sweet unit although it's still quite pricey. Is there any thread with a list of complaints for the Avic F series unit because I'm still not convinced and the price is amazing for the amount of features.

I'm going over to ABT electronics later tonight to check em out.

I like the fact the Pioneer unit's are so hackable which influences my decision to buy one.

I love how everyone talks crap about how bad the unit is but still owns it even skicrave(saw your classified thread).

I like my f90. no complaints other then a second video in on the back would have been nice.

Don't get me wrong, but the F900BT is (was) a great product before i had any issues with it. It's like any product thats available to buy on the market, its fine UNTIL it goes wrong and you have to deal with that companies customer services. Am i wrong? No, im not on this forum to boast how great the product is, the fact is that forums like this survive because of two types of people, the ones that are enquizitive and want to see what more they can do with their purchase and the other type which have problems with their unit and because Pioneer told me that no one else had had any issues i was describing to them i started to try and find some facts and wow facts i did find. It was this forum that has provided me with the evidence that i am not the only person experiencing this problem. At present there are over 20 other users the same as me experiencing the same issues and problems when dealing with Pioneer, this company has good products but as far as im concerened there after sales service is extreamly poor.

So before you go saying that people are talking crap about this product then think again? why are soo many people talking crap about this unit, the fact is that our units do not function properly through "NO FAULT OF OUR OWN" as my unit has no mods tryed, attempted or even in use on my unit and its still not working properly. Perhaps you should try dealing with Pioneer UK and see what the can offer you as a customer. It will be a repair that please note doesn't work as several users have now had this and the problems still persists with the unit before they sent it back.

Pioneer have got a huge problem up and coming with this unit and their ignorance will not get them anywhere. I continue to fight my case to get a new unit from them as a repair is now obviously not an option.

Steve

I love how everyone talks crap about how bad the unit is but still owns it even skicrave(saw your classified thread).

I currently have an Alpine IVA-W505 (which has been in my car since I pulled my F700 out four months ago) and a DNX-6140. I keep my F700 on the bench to play around with, but every time I start it up I'm even more astonished with it's problems and poor design. Especially now that I've been using the Alpine on a daily basis.