AVIC411.com

F90bt, System volume way too loud on lowest setting

I recently just installed the F90bt in my altima coupe which originally had a bose sound system. I connected all the speaker wires and the wire to the amp, but the sound was ear piercingly loud. I was able to lower the sound through the sound settings part of the navi settings, but I still hear this white noise sound which makes it seem like the radio is cranked up to 11.

The sound from all my a/v sources are fine but the bluetooth is way too loud on the lowest setting, if I go lower its basically off. This is my real concern. It basically renders my bluetooth useless because its way too load to have a conversation.

It seems that there is too much power going to my amp or speakers, does anyone know of way to reduce the volume by possibly reducing the amount of power going to the speakers or amp? Or does anybody know what may be happening?

I recently just installed the F90bt in my altima coupe which originally had a bose sound system. I connected all the speaker wires and the wire to the amp, but the sound was ear piercingly loud. I was able to lower the sound through the sound settings part of the navi settings, but I still hear this white noise sound which makes it seem like the radio is cranked up to 11.

The sound from all my a/v sources are fine but the bluetooth is way too loud on the lowest setting, if I go lower its basically off. This is my real concern. It basically renders my bluetooth useless because its way too load to have a conversation.

It seems that there is too much power going to my amp or speakers, does anyone know of way to reduce the volume by possibly reducing the amount of power going to the speakers or amp? Or does anybody know what may be happening?

You're pumping the AVIC's amplified speaker outputs into a pre-existing amplifier. Depending on the layout, you may need to use the pre-amp outputs instead, or use a line level converter.

Happens all the time, but it does take some work to fix, an installer whould have compensated for the fact you were going into an already amplified system.

I had this exact problem with the Bose system in my this weekend Armada. Basically the output from your Bose head unit is "line" or low level, and the output of the Avic is "speaker" or high level.

The solution was very easy (which I got from Crutchfield). I could have used my existing PAC line level converter (and have yet something else to squeeze behind the dash), but instead just soldered on RCA connectors.

On your aftermarket harness (that plugs into your factory harness) you have 8 wires for the speakers (white, gray, green, voilet; then 4 more with a black stripe).

The solid colors are positive, the black stripe are negative.

1) Take an old RCA cable with male plugs on both ends (ie: patch cable).

2) Cut it in 1/2.

3) Strip the outside jacket.

4) You will have an outer stranded wire (positive) and an inner sheilded wire (negative). Similar to a COAX cable.

5) Take one RCA plug per two speaker wires of the same color.

6) Take the negative (color with black stripe) and solder it to the inner core wire.

7) Take the positive (solid color) and solder it to the stranded wires.

8) Make sure you insulate (ie: separate) them from each other (I used heat shrink on each connection, then one over the whole thing.

9) Repeat for other three wires.

Now your harness will have the 4 RCAs coming out if it. Plug these into the corresponding female outputs on the Avic harness for front and rear.

You will not believe how good it sounds! I hate Bose and everything they stand for but my Avic sounds so nice I'm tempted not to install aftermarket speakers. :shock:

The highest volume of the Avic is just on the cusp of distortion so you have a nice range to play with.

Note: The F90BT has 4 volt pre amp outputs which is enough to feed the Bose amp. If they were 2 volt the volume might not be high enough and I might go with the line level converter.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
anyone else try this trick?? i want to see if this can actually fix it, if not, im going to return this damn product

Trick? it's not a trick, it's installing the unit properly, if you installed yourself and fed the high power AVIC speaker outputs into an already amplified system, it's not installed correctly.

anyone else try this trick?? i want to see if this can actually fix it, if not, im going to return this damn product

I have Bose in my Altima; this fixed the issue. Really the input on the Bose amp needs to be about half the level of speaker and amp output, but using the pre-outs instead of the speaker outs works much better.

this is not a trick, its called factory amp integration, you can not (well you can but you shouldn't) send an already amplified signal into an amplifier, that's why it's so loud, the signal is being amplified twice. this should be done with most premium sound systems (the factory amp is outside of the factory radio) that have more than 4 speakers(simple 4 speakers systems should just be bypassed). the harness for toyota/lexus systems and GM's with the Bose systems already have the RCA connectors on it ready to just plug right in

http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID1/151/sfID2/159/sfID3/272/productID/999

I'm about to squeeze one of these behind my radioin a couple weeks. The audio is definitely better using the pre-outs instead of speaker outs, but the audio is still too low to really jam out, hell bluetooth is barely audible at the highest setting. I'll post and let you guys know how it went.