AVIC411.com

New Pioneer F700 owner

First off, hello. First post. Glad to meet you all. :D

I just recently purchased the 700BT from 6th ave. Came in earlier this week and had it installed thursday afternoon. Would like to say i'm happy with it but cant. While the Cd player, AM/FM radio, and GPS seem to be working flawlessly. Nothing else appears to be. Dont have the Satellite radio or HD radio stuff( cant afford it right this minute ) so obviously those features dont work. However several other functions dont work either. The system doesnt recognize an SD card at all. It WILL recognize a USB thumb drive but wont acknowledge anything is on it. Blutooth doesnt work. Cant access anything on the "Phone" screen. Also cannot select either of the GPS settings, or System settings from the "Settings" button on the main menu.

Any ideas why this is and/or what could be causing it? I've tried doing a reset like the manual suggests and that did not solve any of the issues.

Please help me :cry:

Thanks,

Rob

hey welcome to the site

First off the SD card, have you tried using more then one SD card? I have 4 and havnt had a problem but that doesnt mean the units not going to like a specific company of SD.

What phone are you trying to hook up to the unit? when you goto the phone screen can you see phone settings or is it greyed out?

It sounds like you havnt done the bypass/parking brake mod because this sounds like exactly what happened to me when I got mine. What happens is pioneer is looking out for your safety, and so they dont want you distracted by the cool looking screen, so they disable most of the options when your driving. look below and tell us if you have done this.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17013

ohh dont forget to ground the parking break ;)

Brad :)

First off the SD card, have you tried using more then one SD card? I have 4 and havnt had a problem but that doesnt mean the units not going to like a specific company of SD.

Only tried one. I'll see if i have a different brand or something and try it.

What phone are you trying to hook up to the unit? when you goto the phone screen can you see phone settings or is it greyed out?

Its a virgin mobile flip phone. Everything is greyed out on the Phone screen no matter what.

It sounds like you havnt done the bypass/parking brake mod because this sounds like exactly what happened to me when I got mine. What happens is pioneer is looking out for your safety, and so they dont want you distracted by the cool looking screen, so they disable most of the options when your driving. look below and tell us if you have done this.

Thats the thing though. Has nothing to do with driving. I've been sitting in the driveway, dont even turn on the engine, and I'm having these problems.

To be honest, i was looking at the parts left over after they installed, and i dont think they used the correct wiring harness. :? To do the bypass, you move the Mute wire, right? Well the wiring harness with the Mute wire on it is still in the box. Wasnt installed. :?

Parking brake on when parked?

That should not matter in this case since it doesn't look like he hooked up the parking brake at all.

No offense OP but "problems" you are listing are quite possibly all operator errors.

First you have to address the parking brake issue by properly connecting the wire to the parking brake switch or doing the bypass which is a lot easier then focus on your other issues.

Have you paired your phone first before trying to use it?

Parking brake on when parked?

Yes. Dont even turn on the engine.

That should not matter in this case since it doesn't look like he hooked up the parking brake at all.

So you think the installer forgot to hook that up all together?

No offense OP but "problems" you are listing are quite possibly all operator errors.

Offense taken :P . I(or anyone) shouldnt have to make mods to get a system to work like it should out of the box.

First you have to address the parking brake issue by properly connecting the wire to the parking brake switch or doing the bypass which is a lot easier then focus on your other issues.

Guess i'll try the brake issue. Any links on how to do it? I'll check the forums. As far as bypass. I cant do that because the wiring harness with the Mute wire wasnt used.

Have you paired your phone first before trying to use it?

Cant. Cant access ANY of the options under the "Phone" menu. They are all grayed out.

if you cant pair your phone then there is something wrong with you unit! You should be able to press phone then everything should be greyed out....then at the bottom right corner it should say settings... that shouldnt be greyed out and you should press that and make sure bluetooth is turned on and then press connection and follow the instructions to pair your phone!

Oh yeah...I think I saw this name on f150 online?? Is that what you installed it in? If you need anymore help just drop me a line!!

This (up there ^) is wrong, unless the parking brake lead is connected, you can't even access the menu to pair a phone.

LonestarROB, you don't have to make modifications for the unit to work, but it does have to be connected as specified in the installation guide. If you (or your installer) didn't the speaker leads in the harness and you came here complaining about no audio would you be upset if we told you to go connect them?

This is the same thing. You don't HAVE to make any modifications, but since your installer didn't connect that wire as specified in the installation manual, you might as well do the bypass mod while you're fixing it.

Once you do that you will be able to pair your phone (if it's a supported device), access GPS menus, and then we can turn our attention to how you have your media formatted.

Finally, read the FAQ (there's a link in my sig, and it's at the top of every forum). It will address many of your questions.

Oh yeah...I think I saw this name on f150 online?? Is that what you installed it in? If you need anymore help just drop me a line!!

Yup, thats me. 8)

Finally, read the FAQ (there's a link in my sig, and it's at the top of every forum). It will address many of your questions.

Yeah, i looked there. Didnt see any info on grounding the parking brake. going on whats been said here, that seems like the first thing to be checked. alas, I'm a "newb" and dont really know what to do. :oops: And nobody as of yet has given any info on how or what to do.

Thanks for moving the thread. :)

True, silly me for thinking this was a support forum. :roll:

Anybody have constructive info to help out with the brake issue? I just took everything out. Looked at the wires and such. Every thing appears to be connected correctly. Also tried the bypass but that obviously didnt solve anything. Dont even know why that wiring harness isnt even connected. :?

This certainly is a support forum, but it's not a help you do more damage to your personal property because you don't know the basics of 12v installation forum.

What exactly about grounding the parking brake lead don't you understand? What do you mean everything "appears" to be connected correctly? Either it is, or it isn't connected right. You tried to do the bypass, did you actually do it, or not?

The white connector doesn't need to be plugged in if you're not using an iPod or connecting any external amplifiers. Many installers (rightly so) won't use that connector if it's not needed because it's difficult enough to try to fit all of those wires behind the dash.