AVIC411.com

New Pioneer F700 owner

True, silly me for thinking this was a support forum. :roll:

Anybody have constructive info to help out with the brake issue? I just took everything out. Looked at the wires and such. Every thing appears to be connected correctly. Also tried the bypass but that obviously didnt solve anything. Dont even know why that wiring harness isnt even connected. :?[/quote

what kind of harness did you get?

Just got home. Everything is ok now. This tech was actually really helpful. Tech that did the install left before i picked it up and just left a random sales associate hand over the keys and point out the basics.

Anyhoo, They will not ground the brake because it is illegal. Guess i'll figure out how to do that myself later. Just glad everything works now.

Thanks for the info everyone.

skicrave, sorry if i came off as an a$$. Got the impression you were being an a$$ too. Hard to tell sometimes on internet forums. 8)

skicrave's point, and properly said, was that if you're not sure how to check or ground the parking brake wire yourself, then in all honesty, you may want to find someone more comfortable with it to assist.

You can do more damage to multiple things quickly if you don't know what you're doing, I would never have dreamed with all the knowledge available via the internet someone would actually chop off the wires from the car side of the wiring to wire up a car stereo, but I saw a posting this week where someone did just that.

A wise person knows when to step back and put those newly purchased wire clippers down.

8)

And you can't blame the installer for not being willing to do the bypass for you, it's not legal or recommended for a reason, they don't want you distracted and getting into an accident, the fact that people are crazy enough to watch a DVD in their front seat in traffic, we like to think AVIC owners are savvy enough to handle not getting into accidents on their own..