AVIC411.com

artist & song display??? on XM interface

I have an AVIC-F900BT with a Sirius tuner and a crapy Sirius display....I hate it. It blow chunks that you can only show 1 line of text on it.

I am thinking of taking it out and replacing with a XM tuner. Will one of you tell me if you can display more than 1 line? At a min the song title and Artist.

Does anyone have a screenshot of the XM interface? Would it be worth the time and $ to make this change?

Thanks in advance.

Snakeyes Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:09 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what you get with XM

Awesome. Thanks tor your quick reply. That is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted XM to begin, but the dealer carried Sirius and talked me into it.

The XM interface is so much better than the Sirius interface. I will definitely change them out. That is if they don't fold under bankruptcy.

thanks again,

chemjab

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Snakeyes

Thanks again for you help. I had the XM tuner (GEX-P920XM) put in last Friday. I am so glad. Before the switch, every time I turned Sirius on I felt like I was getting ripped off. I really hated it. This is much much better. Channel Name, Artist name, Song title, Station graphic and # all displayed correct. :D

Even the presets are better. With Sirius no info is displayed, just preset 1...etc. With XM the station # and name are displayed in the presets.

The online listening is better with XM too. With XM you can see a list of stations with songs currently playing.

To make the whole deal better. I got the $77/yr and no activation fee deal Fat Tony talked about in his post.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4887

I didn't use any codes, just told them I wanted the $77 deal I saw on the internet and they said no problem.

This was a really great move. 8)