AVIC411.com

F90 just installed a couple problems.. IPOD, MIC

I just got my unit installed perfessionally, I have done my fair share of reading of the forums and so far have not come across the problems I am having.

1) I have my ipod all hooked up. All the songs up load and I an access play lists, and artists and all that. But it shows thats it's playing but I am not getting any audio out of it. All the other audio works, CD/DVD/Radio < all I have tried.

2) I tried making a couple phone calls via my blue tooth with my blackberry storm. Contacts upload, and when I make a call I can hear the person on the other line perfectly, the problem is they can't hear me... :/ From what I heard the mic isn't anything special. First I want to know if maybe there was a problem in the install, mic not connected or maybe it's just a dud? Ultimately I would like to upgrade to another mic that provides better sound quality on the other end as I live in cali and hands free devices are required.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

yea, i have av1 and av2 turned off, so i need to turn AV1 on? I just tapped USB and from there it went to my ipod, I will try that.

Second, My mic is located right above my rear view mirror hooked onto my roof lining. It's about a foot and a half from my face. I tried YELLING and still no one heard anything.

Thanks for your help, I will try turning on the AV1 on and see if that works for my ipod, So i will have the ipod hooked up, turn on AV1 and hit AV1 to listen to my ipod correct?

yea, i have av1 and av2 turned off, so i need to turn AV1 on? I just tapped USB and from there it went to my ipod, I will try that.

Second, My mic is located right above my rear view mirror hooked onto my roof lining. It's about a foot and a half from my face. I tried YELLING and still no one heard anything.

Thanks for your help, I will try turning on the AV1 on and see if that works for my ipod, So i will have the ipod hooked up, turn on AV1 and hit AV1 to listen to my ipod correct?

You used an ipod cable with USB *AND* R/W/Y RCA connections, right? you won't get audio without that. (the one the F90BT comes with...)

• 1 month later...

2) I tried making a couple phone calls via my blue tooth with my blackberry storm. Contacts upload, and when I make a call I can hear the person on the other line perfectly...

Fear... Can you help me with my Blackberry Storm? I, too, have an F90 and a Storm... but I have several problems with them.

1) I can't get my contacts to transfer... I start the transfer on my phone when the F90 says "send business card from your phone"... after about 10 seconds, my phone says it transferred 111 contacts successfully, but the screen never changes on the F90. Eventually, I click OK on the "business card" screen (on the NAV), and it goes to another screen that says "loading data..." (or something similar). My only option on that screen is CANCEL. I've left it on both the "business card" and "loading data" screens for 10 minutes or more before just clicking OK and/or Cancel... When it's all done, I click CONTACTS, and it tells me I have none. Sometimes, it will transfer a few contacts... but never all of them, and sometimes it just gets a few sequential contacts from any part of the alphabet. (I got A-K once... D-H another time, etc). Any suggestions here? What OS, bluetooth, and contacts settings do you have on your Storm?

2) If I start a call before I get in my car and it connects to my phone during the call, I don't get any phone interface (which blocks the most important part of the NAV screen, by the way) on the F90 screen at all... I can't change the volume, I can't hang up... nothing. I have to wait for the AVIC to connect to my phone and then dial from the phone (because I don't have any contacts) to get it to work right. And, by the time it starts up, and connects, about 5 minutes have been wasted.

3) The volume is all screwed up... It's like the PHONE source is amped, while the rest are not. When I'm connected in a phone call, the volume is intolerably loud. Apparently, the volume knob can't be used to control the volume of the phone call (really?!?!), so I have to use that annoying phone popup screen with the hang up and vol +/- buttons on it. Well, pressing "vol -" once mutes the phone, so "intolerably loud" is one step above mute for me. Any suggestions here?

4) And finally (for now... I'm sure I'm forgetting some issues), my voice prompts are muted while I'm in a phone call. On my AVIC-D3, I was able to hear voice prompts while on the phone. There was a menu item on the D3 that allowed me to set the source volume to "mute, ATT, or normal" during voice prompts. I found this menu item on the F90bt, but it's grayed out. I don't get it. I have cmh928's mod installed (http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22695&p=157480#p157480) but cmh928 tells me that it's not a problem with his mod... Pioneer made it this way by default.

So, I know this thread has been dead for a month and a half... but if you get the chance, let me know if you can help me out. I'll PM this message to you, as well, since you may not still be subscribed.

Thanks!

2) I tried making a couple phone calls via my blue tooth with my blackberry storm. Contacts upload, and when I make a call I can hear the person on the other line perfectly...

Fear... Can you help me with my Blackberry Storm? I, too, have an F90 and a Storm... but I have several problems with them.

1) I can't get my contacts to transfer... I start the transfer on my phone when the F90 says "send business card from your phone"... after about 10 seconds, my phone says it transferred 111 contacts successfully, but the screen never changes on the F90. Eventually, I click OK on the "business card" screen (on the NAV), and it goes to another screen that says "loading data..." (or something similar). My only option on that screen is CANCEL. I've left it on both the "business card" and "loading data" screens for 10 minutes or more before just clicking OK and/or Cancel... When it's all done, I click CONTACTS, and it tells me I have none. Sometimes, it will transfer a few contacts... but never all of them, and sometimes it just gets a few sequential contacts from any part of the alphabet. (I got A-K once... D-H another time, etc). Any suggestions here? What OS, bluetooth, and contacts settings do you have on your Storm?

2) If I start a call before I get in my car and it connects to my phone during the call, I don't get any phone interface (which blocks the most important part of the NAV screen, by the way) on the F90 screen at all... I can't change the volume, I can't hang up... nothing. I have to wait for the AVIC to connect to my phone and then dial from the phone (because I don't have any contacts) to get it to work right. And, by the time it starts up, and connects, about 5 minutes have been wasted.

3) The volume is all screwed up... It's like the PHONE source is amped, while the rest are not. When I'm connected in a phone call, the volume is intolerably loud. Apparently, the volume knob can't be used to control the volume of the phone call (really?!?!), so I have to use that annoying phone popup screen with the hang up and vol +/- buttons on it. Well, pressing "vol -" once mutes the phone, so "intolerably loud" is one step above mute for me. Any suggestions here?

4) And finally (for now... I'm sure I'm forgetting some issues), my voice prompts are muted while I'm in a phone call. On my AVIC-D3, I was able to hear voice prompts while on the phone. There was a menu item on the D3 that allowed me to set the source volume to "mute, ATT, or normal" during voice prompts. I found this menu item on the F90bt, but it's grayed out. I don't get it. I have cmh928's mod installed (http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22695&p=157480#p157480) but cmh928 tells me that it's not a problem with his mod... Pioneer made it this way by default.

So, I know this thread has been dead for a month and a half... but if you get the chance, let me know if you can help me out. I'll PM this message to you, as well, since you may not still be subscribed.

Thanks!

to transfer your contacts you want to hit OK on the business card screen and then just leave it on the "Loading Data" screen unit it finishes. This will work.

The other issues you are having are simply bugs/features of the unit. Nothing you can do about it.

So, I initiate the transfer on my phone when it's on the OK screen? Then, when it finishes on my phone, I click OK, and let it sit there on the CANCEL screen until it finishes?

Also, I like how you combined BUGS and FEATURES... haha :lol:

you dont need to initiate anything from your phone. just make sure your phone is connected via bluetooth then click on PHONEBOOK TRANSER, THEN OK, THEN OK, and leave it on "LOADING DATA..." until it says "DATALOADING COMPLETE!"

I never did anything actually *on my phone* after the initial pairing. I told the AVIC to get the numbers, and then it took a while, but it finished fine (only about 150 contacts). My phone never even lit up like something was happening... it just worked... Hope this helps! Be patient!

is kind of misleading because it gives you the option to send contacts an alternative way (by sending a name card). i am assuming this allows you to transfer one contact at a time but i have never been able to get this to work so i just have it transfer my entire phone book.

just keep clicking OK until is says "LOADING DATA" and let it sit until it finishes.