AVIC411.com

New Unit Theme by GUGA - Version 2.0

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What program do you need to open/edit a .res file? :oops:

Go to 7zip.com and grab the latest version. Rename image.res to image.7z

I use Gimp to edit the files. Be sure to save them at the same color-depth as the original and keep the alpha layer intact.

When you re-compress them, make sure to save in 7-zip format and ensure when you open the image.res there is only the 'image" folder visible in the root.

I use Gimp to edit the files. Be sure to save them at the same color-depth as the original and keep the alpha layer intact.

When you re-compress them, make sure to save in 7-zip format and ensure when you open the image.res there is only the 'image" folder visible in the root.

Thanks for the help. Tried changing images and compressed the file back up but when i installed it on my system, no images appear. Just text. Pretty sure I did it right. I dont want all the images from GUGA's theme so i took the image files i DID want and moved/copied them to my default image.res. Could that cause a problem? There are files in GUGA's image.res that arent in the default image.res. Do those need to be copied over too?

Thanks.

Thanks for the help. Tried changing images and compressed the file back up but when i installed it on my system, no images appear. Just text. Pretty sure I did it right. I dont want all the images from GUGA's theme so i took the image files i DID want and moved/copied them to my default image.res. Could that cause a problem? There are files in GUGA's image.res that arent in the default image.res. Do those need to be copied over too?

Thanks.

i think the reason why no image appears is because you weren't able to zip it back properly,

Am i suppose to compress the first Image folder or the second? When I unzipped it it opened up Image>Image>AV,Common etc.. So thats how i re-compressed it. First time i've ever used the 7zip program. So if you could help me on how to use it, it would be greatly appreciated. 8)

Am i suppose to compress the first Image folder or the second? When I unzipped it it opened up Image>Image>AV,Common etc.. So thats how i re-compressed it. First time i've ever used the 7zip program. So if you could help me on how to use it, it would be greatly appreciated. 8)

what i did was i zipped a couple of them and just see which ones work, zip the image folder first, then zip the main image folder, and so on, let me know how it goes

In the 7zip program, do you have to change any of the settings?

What i did. Right clicked main Image folder, Add to archive, and in the window that opens made sure the correct zip type was selected and left the rest set to default.

Is that correct?

yes, i don't know if you understood the last post i made, but anyways,

Yes, I did. Didnt work. Just gonna try GUGA's file as it is.

Edit - That worked no problem. Guess I'm not compressing it correctly. :?

Lonestar,

If you want to upload your file to radpishare I'll be happy se whats worng for you.

GUGA