AVIC411.com

New Unit Theme by GUGA - Version 2.0

!!!! THEME VERSION 2.0 AVAIABLE IN THE FIRST POST !!!!!!

There's two themes one for CIVIC and one for GENERIC use.

There are more pictures and instructions in the first post.

Hope you enjoy it!!!!!

Thanks for all donations!!!

GUGA

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good. What all is new? Besides the settings menu, looks like the rest of the images are from supermans theme. 8)

Lonestar,

The only icons that was copied from another theme are some AV from Apple Theme by BasketCase, all other icons were created from scratch....If there's another theme with these icons in the forum I'm pretty sure it's a copy of my first version.

GUGA

Thats what i meant. superman's theme ='s red modified version of basketcase's apple theme.

I'll have to try it later, see how it looks in person. Maybe get some ideas or use parts on my theme. :mrgreen:

Lonestar,

The icons I used were the ipod control wheel and arrows in AV.

Any suggestion is appreciated!! Hope you enjoy it..Feel free to use anything.

GUGA

Ok so i've made my pics, not exactly picasso but hey it's my first ever attempt lol, however how do I put them in the image.res file?

I've extracted the image.res to the desktop and have copied the 2 files (using orignal names) over into the Common directory and overwritten the 2 files in there (normal and push). However when I rezipped it using Winrar the final image.res file is much larger than the original by about a meg. What settings should I use for zipping it back up, and is winrar ok to do that?

Thanks

Andy

[attachment=0]746_32K_MN-640_32b_normal.jpg[/attachment]

p.s I'd be really grateful if someone could do a better job..........

Ok so i've made my pics, not exactly picasso but hey it's my first ever attempt lol, however how do I put them in the image.res file?

I've extracted the image.res to the desktop and have copied the 2 files (using orignal names) over into the Common directory and overwritten the 2 files in there (normal and push). However when I rezipped it using Winrar the final image.res file is much larger than the original by about a meg. What settings should I use for zipping it back up, and is winrar ok to do that?

Thanks

Andy

[attachment=0]746_32K_MN-640_32b_normal.jpg[/attachment]

p.s I'd be really grateful if someone could do a better job..........

Andy,

Use 7zip to zip it back (http://www.7-zip.org/download.html)

Make sure you zip the image directory not the sub directories.....

Zip as .7zp file and then just rename it to .res

Regards,

GUGA

It seems that I cant input anything as the middle in the main screen between phone and settings buttons (like a logo or text etc.) Its just not showing up as anything. Is there a size guide for it or something? The original one is about 85KB and my modified is 135KB in size. Hmmm, any thoughts on that lads?

EDIT: Got it working, had to save it as 16bit bmp :lol:

Cheers,

Stan

Great mod, and I am really enjoying it.

However, I see that some screens in Navigation still shows back arrow instead of the new back button. Seems inconsistent. Any solution for this?

I also see a few more files ending with .ufo extension than the original. Are these files necessary?

Thank you.

Great mod, and I am really enjoying it.

However, I see that some screens in Navigation still shows back arrow instead of the new back button. Seems inconsistent. Any solution for this?

I also see a few more files ending with .ufo extension than the original. Are these files necessary?

Thank you.

Hi there,

The navi sotware uses the data.zip file to display icons and stuff not image.res that's why you're getting different icons in the iGo.

Since not everyone uses the stock data.zip, including me, you have to change the one you're using and insert the icons you want there.

I left the UFO files on purpose in my image.res. They are Ulead Photoimpact files, so if anyone wants to change the main icons it's a lot easier.

Regards,

GUGA

Thanks for the explanation.

You are not only talented in modding, but, also in explaining things in simple terms. I will definitely look into my data.zip and see if I can replace those icons.

Anyway, everything looks fantastic. Pioneer should hire you for their UI design. :-)

Best,

Solo